Activation issue - grrrr

Hi,

I have FM2010, purchased from Gamersgate last fall.

Today, I tried to run the game and it asked me to re-activate, but failed. :mad:

I went to https://fm2010.sa01.softanchorinsight.com/amsweb/deact/deactivation.jsf, just to realize that all 5 activation slots had already been used. But I was :

- just trying to use the game on a machine where it was ALREADY activated

- and I NEVER installed the game on 5 machines, only on 3 (so much for detecting single machines in activation...)

I tried to deactivate using that link : it failed...:confused:

I tried to uninstall the game on one of my other machines, since I don't use it on these. The setup asks to deactivate the license upon installation : it didn't decrement the number.:confused:

I'm so mad at this, paying the game and being unable to play it. I was finally getting the chance to play a network game with my brother, and SI/Activation ruined it. Funny thing is that it made me remember that I was still paying for FML without playing it, so thanks for reminding to cancel that.

My advice : If you can't make activation right, don't use it in your game, or at least make sure that the deactivation links work fine... I guess I'm stuck for the weekend now :thdn:

the 5 computer activation thing was only on fm09 and only time fm10 needs activating if you buy the disc version and want to use steam for the achievments and auto patching

Or if you buy digital download from someone who isn't steam.

Archived