Wait a minute.

I read on here the other day that once you leave a team you can't go back because you immediately become hated by the team. How come i've just been offered the Mexico job again after I left them in 2022 (Now 2027)? Does it not count for countries or is this a new feature for FM10 (I'm playing FM09). Also, Mourinho has gone back to Chelsea several times on my save.

I'm asking this because i've been at Middlesbrough for 18 years and my beloved Man United are really struggleing. I would love to consider leaving Middlesbrough for a short while to sort Man United out but if I can never go back to Boro then it would be a tough decision.

Thanks for your help.

I just resigned from my position in multiple saved games I have. Not hated on any of them.

Did you actually read the thread that you linked? Multiple people stated that they weren't put on the hated list.

"No, I was on the legends list at Khimki, I let my contract run out and I'm still on the Legends list "

"I was Arsenal manager, resigned at the end of the season, got offered the Brazil job, Mancini had an abysmal season at Arsenal, and then I got the job back, so surely this 100 hate thing doesn't work every time? "

I just resigned from my position in multiple saved games I have. Not hated on any of them.

Did you actually read the thread that you linked? Multiple people stated that they weren't put on the hated list.

"No, I was on the legends list at Khimki, I let my contract run out and I'm still on the Legends list "

"I was Arsenal manager, resigned at the end of the season, got offered the Brazil job, Mancini had an abysmal season at Arsenal, and then I got the job back, so surely this 100 hate thing doesn't work every time? "

yeah but have you tried it were you left for another club while still managing a team?

yeah but have you tried it were you left for another club while still managing a team?

I haven't tried that, but I could see that being possible. Same with issuing an ultimatum and getting fired or something like that. Or going to a rival club?

But if you just resign you won't be hated.

Others also stated that you can't go back so I came asking for a definate answer.

If a single case of someone going back is reported, that's a definite answer because the hypothesis is absolute. There can be no anomalies; a single case to the contrary disproves the hypothesis straight away.

Whilst you are added to the disliked list, a high enough reputation relative to the club's reputation will override that. It is possible to go back. I have done so myself with Chimney Corner.

Archived