Steam - How can I play without an internet connection?

My internet connection was down for a few days and I could not access steam and therefore FM as a result. Is there anyway to play 2010 without having steam connected?

I really really detest steam running in the background. I know in 2009 you had the option of at least closing after loading.

• 2 weeks later...
I am asking a question rather then offering advice but can it be played from the disk instead.

Not if you haven't got one! like others have said, just run Steam in offline mode. I play FM on the train all the time, when you start it up it says something "can't find internet connection, do you want to play offline?" Just click yes and away you go...

• 3 weeks later...

I no this an old post, but when I press run in offline mode it comes up saying it can't because there's no Internet connection. Which I don't get because that's why I said run offline line mode. Does anyone no why it say that and how I can get it to play.

Thanks

I no this an old post, but when I press run in offline mode it comes up saying it can't because there's no Internet connection. Which I don't get because that's why I said run offline line mode. Does anyone no why it say that and how I can get it to play.

Thanks

If you start Steam normally making sure you don't have an internet connection and leave it for a few seconds or perhaps a minute or two you should get a message with the options of "retry" and "start in offline mode" so try that. Otherwise no idea but try the steam forum.

Actually, looks like you're not the only person http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251836

Archived