Player Attribute Masking

I never use it as it's annoying and because you as a manager should be able to somewhat judge a player (it's not like scouts, coaches and assistant managers are the only ones able to do so).

I have to admit....

I have always wanted to try a game with attribute masking on. However, the game is challenging enough as it is ( I mean that in a good way) so I have always opted out of it. Not to mention the amount of time needed to dedicate to a game with masking turned on...time which I currently don't have enough of :(

I actually think it's more realistic on rather than off, since attributes of your own players, or the more well-known ones aren't (totally) masked. Obscure players, on the other hand, leave you with little to gauge his ability by without the use of scouting which sort of mimics how the situation is in real life, if you ask me.

If I were a manager at a mid-table Serie A side, I won't expect to be able to look at the squad list of a second-division team in Croatia and be able to tell right from the start who their quickest player is, I guess.

I'd even go so far as to say that it should be a lot harder to reveal the attributes for sure. As it stands, a decent scout can just get a Report Card of any player and within a day you'll know everything about him. Shouldn't be the case at all, in my opinion.

I don't play with masking on, hard enough as it is. But saying obscure players stats shouldn't be avaliable without scouting is wrong, i'm currently playing as Bath in BSS so I would know the ability of most players in that league, with masking on, I wouldn't know them without scouting them. I see playing with masking off like the manager watching MOTD of The Football League Show, you'd see how good the players were on TV.

• 1 year later...

I'd even go so far as to say that it should be a lot harder to reveal the attributes

I'm with you, Xennaz. I wouldn't even think about playing with all attributes visible. What I'd really like to see is a gradual unmasking in which a player's attributes are actually somewhat incorrect(!) or in a range (for example, strength is 12-16) until further revealed by additional scouting reports or a trial. I'm not sure this would be an easy programming effort because the game would have to keep track of multiple error reports for every team's scouting operations but I'd like to see it.

Archived