Is anyone else excited to see..

If SI do decide to impliment this, they will have to be careful or it could kill the transfer market but then again these rules could kill the transfer market IRL

Which isn't a bad thing, it will force the clubs to use their youth players more then. I just hope they will force down the wages to similar to how it works in NHL.

Which isn't a bad thing, it will force the clubs to use their youth players more then. I just hope they will force down the wages to similar to how it works in NHL.

How do you figure that those two systems would have the same effect? The NHL system is based on a fixed wage budget that is the same for each team. That is hardly the same as being able to spend no more than you make. If anything it would seem that such an approach would polarize the bigger/smaller clubs even more. For what it's worth I agree with your sentiment though.

On the other hand it could make the game alot more of a challenge too, I've lost count of the amount of times I have just gone and blown 40m on a player to improve the squad.

These rules are a start, although there will always be questions about loopholes.

It does mean though that nobody can go out and create their dream team by the first transfer window.

I would like it if there was a checkbox allowing us to disable financial regulations if wanted, maybe putting it in preferences so when you are ready you can then activate it if you want in the future.

There isn't a check box for any other real life rules, why would there be for one for this?

Of course I am interested to see how this rule works in the game for leagues like Portugal where all teams in the top division are losing money every season except maybe the top three as there is just not enough money in Portuguese Football...

There isn't a check box for any other real life rules, why would there be for one for this?

Of course I am interested to see how this rule works in the game for leagues like Portugal where all teams in the top division are losing money every season except maybe the top three as there is just not enough money in Portuguese Football...

Like "no transfer budgets in first season" or "attribute masking"?

That's a balance between realism and fun.

Ok i havent read the new rule but im guessing from what ive heard that teams can only spend what they make?

if this is true then how are the smaller teams going to survive? sure teams that gain promotion to the premiership will have a godd profit margin but if they survive the drop then how are they going to strenghten their squad when not much money would be made from staying up?

on the other hand i guess domestic cups would become a priority for smaller teams to make profit?

also what about teams that are in serious debt? what will happen to them? is the money they can spend in terms of Net profit or profit after debts and costs taken out?

if the latter is the case then what would teams like man utd, liverpool and portsmouth do?

could anyone explain?

im talking a IRL now btw as it has confused me a little

thanks

It could be good irl, but in a game, it would ruin a lot, because:

a) I like transfers, and even if I am not gimped financially, others will, which will result in me being gimped, and the game would not be thrilling for me; a dead market, is a dead game - or close to it.

b) The differences between rich and poor could be even more defined, than it already is - should SI eventually be able to improve the AI on transfer market for it to be a truly competitive game experience. This could be the result irl as well.

In real life, I am sure a lot of creative hoola with the finances would occur, especially if it is a rich club to bend the rules. Something that FM can't even try to recreate or imitate.

In real life, I am sure a lot of creative hoola with the finances would occur, especially if it is a rich club to bend the rules. Something that FM can't even try to recreate or imitate.

True.

Plus FM's financial side is still far from reality. I'd like to have this for realism purposes but seems rather impossible... The financial side would need a lot more work.. (which could make the game more boring too...)

True.

Plus FM's financial side is still far from reality. I'd like to have this for realism purposes but seems rather impossible... The financial side would need a lot more work.. (which could make the game more boring too...)

Just on another point, who goes in if a team spends too much? The next team down the table? What happens if 15 teams in the Premier League lose money? They are unable to fill their leagues European Slots does it go down further?

I have heard of the rule coming in but don't actually know the ins and outs of the rule. Wouldnt this rule though just make it easier for the likes of Man unt, Real and Barca, that make a lot of money, to procure the best players and keep on winning things?

I have heard of the rule coming in but don't actually know the ins and outs of the rule. Wouldnt this rule though just make it easier for the likes of Man unt, Real and Barca, that make a lot of money, to procure the best players and keep on winning things?

Do they even make more money than they spend? :confused: Really I don't know but considering their huge debts thought it was the other way around.

In Portugal, I think only Porto and maybe Braga earn more than they spend. (in the top tier)

When Benfica makes new TV deals they might join the list. (or when they actually sell players)

Just on another point, who goes in if a team spends too much? The next team down the table? What happens if 15 teams in the Premier League lose money? They are unable to fill their leagues European Slots does it go down further?

Curious about this too. Anyone ?

Archived