Attacks based on Headers

I was wondering, how do I ask my players to constantly cross to a certain player, it's just that I've just bought a tall and good header player, and I'm looking forward to trying to score more goals using good heading (since I've been with Lazio for 1.5 seasons, and didn't score once with the head)... So my questions are...

Do you think this is a good idea (I paid 33M for him despite being 2.5 stars) :S

How can I make my players cross more often, especially to this player?

How can I make him the target of corner kicks?

In your team instructions, assign him as the Target Man, and then set all players 'Cross To' as Target Man. You can set whether you want to get the ball to him by head, feet, or in front of him, or a mixture... but if you set it 'To Head' then normally everybody will try and cross it to him.

In your team instructions, assign him as the Target Man, and then set all players 'Cross To' as Target Man. You can set whether you want to get the ball to him by head, feet, or in front of him, or a mixture... but if you set it 'To Head' then normally everybody will try and cross it to him.
I can't really find this (in bold)

Go to your tactics screen, then go Instructions > Team Instructions. Set the view to Basic if it isn't already and then down the bottom it should say 'Primary Target Man' and 'Target Man Supply'.

Set your primary target man to whoever this striker is, and then set supply to 'To Head' or whatever else you might want.

...speaking of which...

Is it really worth trying to build a team/tactic around that kind of striker?

I'm asking this because I couldn't help but notice many tactics in the tactical forum revolve around technically gifted players.

Also I'm under the (false?) impression the ME will "treat" better a 16 Pace/Acceleration striker than a 16 Heading/Jumping, 8 Pace striker.

At least that's what I get from a lot of games in third-rate leagues where the old "skyscraper striker" is still fairly common, mainly out of necessity.

But I was wondering whether it's feasible at a slightly less crap level than Scandinavian or Eastern European lower leagues or it's a waste of time

Archived