Just A General Question

Hi

What do you do when you have a first team player who is about 28-29 , who is getting a bit old

Do you buy a replacement , or use a current member of the sqaud

If you buy a replacement what age would he normalley be , or do you have a youngster to fill his place in the first team

Just want to know what you guys do

Thanks

Depends on the players position really. I'd have a young back up for him regardless, and look to bring him on more as the seasons go on.

For example

Player = 29 - 70% games per season

Player = 30 - 50% games per season

player = 31 - 30% games per season

player = 32 - Back up

player = 33+ - Unless has coaching potential, may only still be in the team for "player tutoring".

It all depends on the player and how he is doing.

If he is putting in good performances, I'll play him.

For example, I would rather have a 30 year old striker who has scored 20+ goals a season for the past few seasons and still manages to get around that amount for some seasons ahead, than a new young gun who has great potential but not delivering. I would loan him so he can develop and get experience, and play the scoring player.

With that said, I do look for replacements as no player is forever-lasting, but I don't necessarily go for young players like Arsene would and build around that. I will scout the leagues and regions for players who have a good record of putting in performances. With that said, of course I gamble on players and hope they turn out good.

What do you do when you have a first team player who is about 28-29 , who is getting a bit old

Are you seriously telling us that you consider a 28-29 year old to be getting a bit old? I can understand that if you were talking about a 34-35 year old. icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What do you do when you have a first team player who is about 28-29 , who is getting a bit old

Are you seriously telling us that you consider a 28-29 year old to be getting a bit old? I can understand that if you were talking about a 34-35 year old. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends on the fitness level I'm thinking. My star AM/F C has had his pace, agility and acceleration drop by 3, 2 and 2 respectively within the last year of turning 28, but then his natural fitness is 3.

Originally posted by Fire Bracelet:

I had a striker once that scored an insane amount of goals for me and he was 34, he dropped off after that. It wasn't in any top flight leagues though, you can get away with playing older guys in the lower leagues.

I agree.Same in my game.

Originally posted by mattg787:

Hi

Do you buy a replacement , or use a current member of the sqaud

If you buy a replacement what age would he normalley be , or do you have a youngster to fill his place in the first team

Just want to know what you guys do

Thanks

It really depends on which league you're playing in and the player's position.

If you're playing topflight football as in the best league in the land, then 28-29 would be the peak for most positions. A keeper could still be considered "peak" till he's 32.

If he's a striker, you may already want to consider rotating him with a younger striker. NeptheneZ rough guide does make sense, but I'd focus on positions as well.

Strikers generally hit their peak earlier than midfielders.

In weaker leagues you could add 2 years to the baseline, and still get away with it.

Archived