Players being denied WP for renewed contracts

Or for when moving clubs in the same nation, as far as I'm aware a work permit is usually for a fixed period of time and once you have been granted one you merely need to fill out some forms to extend it. I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure I read a player had to leave not long ago or at least face a brief period of being unable to play because he forgot to fill in his forms by the deadline and had to reapply for a work permit. So in short can someone shed some light on this for if I'm wrong or not which I may well be lol. Or if its something that FM needs to get implemented, I'm now in the process of losing 2 of my best strikers because they both can't get into their respective national teams.

• Administrators

They need to play a certain percentage of games for their national teams and for their club sides - how many games have these two players played for you? Also what nationality are they? This is also taken into account, as it has to be a team so high in the Fifa World Rankings.

The rules are along the lines of (And I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) you have to play 75% of your countries international matches for the previous 2 years for an initial work permit application, or play 75% of the club's first team games for the time he was under his original contract if the work permit is to be extended.

You can appeal, and this is decided based on the player's Potential Ability. Well, it is for first applications, not sure it counts for renewals.

It's not that, I'm fairly sure its a case of once you have a work permit, you can extend it at any point without having to go through that process again. That is the procedure for the first time, and also the game doesn't incorporate the fact that if you have applied & appealed once you can't do it again for 12 months. So even if I'm imagining the part about it being able to automatically renew once granted; the latter half is definitely true regarding work permits that isn't currently in the game.

i believe that santy is correct. i have noticed this a couple times. i buy a player and he gets a wp and his contract comes up for renewal but i cant renew the deal because he cant get a new work permit. it is a real problem when he demands a new contract and you cant give him one or its a youth player created at your academy.

Archived