Frustration about swap deals or cash plus player always seemingly being refused

The computer controlled teams never seem to go for these types of deals in my experience, do they not understand the value of them? I have offered insane swap deals in the hope of having them accepted, but no, they just reject you.

I hope very much in the new version that the game will be more receptive to these type of transfer deals, especially when cash is not so abundant.

Also why can you not make a bid for more than one player in a single transfer, i.e I want two of their players in return for four of mine plus cash type thing?

And why can you not offer more than 200 million, but if a club comes back they can ask for more than 200 million and you can then offer it. It's our game! Why can the computer ask for more than 200 in negotiations but we cant offer that without their input?

Ive never had a problem with swapping players provided they are either; a) transfer listed and want to go, or b) buying club has shown an interest regardless of status. The only issue with me is when the player in question doesnt agree terms with otehr clubs that seems to happen more regularly than them not accepting these type of deals.

Ive never had a problem with swapping players provided they are either; a) transfer listed and want to go, or b) buying club has shown an interest regardless of status. The only issue with me is when the player in question doesnt agree terms with otehr clubs that seems to happen more regularly than them not accepting these type of deals.

if the player your trading is yours who wont agree to a deal, if you set his status to not needed by club then he is more likely to accept an offer from another club :)

I have this issue. I think it stems from the games internal player value algorithm.

For example:

To buy Iniesta from barca typically costs £80-130mil despite being valued at around £25mil. They won't for sell for less than that. In my game now to buy Di Maria needs a bid of just over 100mil (!)

However if you develop an awesome midfielder who is as good if not better than Iniesta the computer will go "oh look he's valued at £25mil, with some added cash that's £30-35mil" and will just continue bidding 30mil for the guy even if you set his asking price to 80mil.

This leads to the problem where your Iniesta-like midfielder despite being the best playmaker in the world is worth 70mil less to the computer than Di Maria who's a slightly above average winger and 90mil less than the real Iniesta despite being just as good.

I even tested this once by making a super player with 200CA, max stats, max rep, 20 years old etc (so plenty of life in him), played him for a season and had him win every prize under the son. I tried to trade him for Gattuso who was 33, past it, unhappy and had only played about twice in half a season. AC Milian told to sod off so I kept raising the bid. In the end it took my super godlike player + 20mil to convince them to trade. So something is obviously quite broken there.

I have this issue. I think it stems from the games internal player value algorithm.

For example:

To buy Iniesta from barca typically costs £80-130mil despite being valued at around £25mil. They won't for sell for less than that. In my game now to buy Di Maria needs a bid of just over 100mil (!)

However if you develop an awesome midfielder who is as good if not better than Iniesta the computer will go "oh look he's valued at £25mil, with some added cash that's £30-35mil" and will just continue bidding 30mil for the guy even if you set his asking price to 80mil.

This leads to the problem where your Iniesta-like midfielder despite being the best playmaker in the world is worth 70mil less to the computer than Di Maria who's a slightly above average winger and 90mil less than the real Iniesta despite being just as good.

I even tested this once by making a super player with 200CA, max stats, max rep, 20 years old etc (so plenty of life in him), played him for a season and had him win every prize under the son. I tried to trade him for Gattuso who was 33, past it, unhappy and had only played about twice in half a season. AC Milian told to sod off so I kept raising the bid. In the end it took my super godlike player + 20mil to convince them to trade. So something is obviously quite broken there.

maybe they felt they couldn't meet your player's wage demands unless you gave them money to do so.

As far as I know, most managers IRL are not exactly fond of part-exchange deals, they usually prefer cash. I hate them, myself, because my chances of signing a player depend not only on his whims but also on another pampered little prince who happens to be on our books...

If I do it, the AI teams usually accept it if I offer one of the players they had previously shown an interest in.

Archived