What has been your worst cup draw

Mine has to be a recent cup draw in my current Wishaw save. I was drawn against Roda Jc in the champions league best placed playoff (i think thats what its called) and managed to smash them 9-1 on aggregate. After that result i figured i was through to the group stages but no apparently there is another best placed playoff round where i get drawn against Barcelona of all people.

I lost the 1st leg at home 1-2 and am pretty much out of the CL barring a miracle at the Nou Camp. It would be great if i could make the group stages as hopefully that will make all my players that want to move to bigger club (which is most of them) stay.

So what has been the worst cup draw you have had.

Just recently, as Bordeaux, I got Man Utd, Real Madrid, and Kobenhavn. (Denmark.) Lost twice to Man U and then drew with and lost to Danish team, then split with R. Madrid. Last in the group. Embarrassing, but that's like 3 of the top teams from 3 different countries...

That's only the group stage though, my hardest ties have probably been when I had (I think.) Lyon, Bayern, then Barca, this time as At. Madrid. Made it to the final, where I was smashed by Inter. As in down 3-0 when they only had 10 men...

Not sure its my worst, but the toughest one I can remember, ie No really crap 4 seeded team so its not a battle for 2nd and 3rd which was what alot of my groups ended up as, but with AZ in the Europa league I had

1st seed Everton

2nd seed Me AZ

3rd seed Atalanta

4th seed Lille

Lille won it, Everton then Atalanta then me, I was in with a shout to finish 2nd with 2 games to go but lost them

With my Békéscsaba save on FM09 I had a Champions League group consisting of Real Madrid, Chelsea and Udinese... we actually finished third, having collected seven points but it was a nightmare of a group. My blood was boiling, seeing groups like Lyon, Spartak Moscow, Rangers, Rapid Wien...

best for money but worst for the chance to win - id smashed premiership side Villa 4-1 with my championship strugglers and thought aslong as i dont get chelsea id go through. so who do i get........yup Chelsea :(

I remember the time where I managed to get Chester through to the 4th round of the FA Cup and we drew.... Rochdale, only other League 2 (cos that's where we were at the time) still in the draw, no money spinning glamour tie for us. We lost too.

Just recently, as Bordeaux, I got Man Utd, Real Madrid, and Kobenhavn. (Denmark.) Lost twice to Man U and then drew with and lost to Danish team, then split with R. Madrid. Last in the group. Embarrassing, but that's like 3 of the top teams from 3 different countries...

That's only the group stage though, my hardest ties have probably been when I had (I think.) Lyon, Bayern, then Barca, this time as At. Madrid. Made it to the final, where I was smashed by Inter. As in down 3-0 when they only had 10 men...

Strange to see that in the Champions League isn't it? :o:o:o

As Leeds I once got Barcelona, AC Milan and Wolfsburg in the group stage. Needless to say I did not progress lol. It was my 1st season in the champs league after managing to finish 4th in the league.

I was Liverpool and I was league champions, then i was drawn with Celtic, Marseille and Maccabi Haifa. All 4 of us were champions in our own countries.

Wasn't exactly hard, but it was the strongest group in the competition

Archived