17 year old model proffesional ..

yea must admit i dont quite understand what you are getting at.

I mean irl if a 17 year old is on a professional contract and doesnt drink, smoke etc, turns up for training on time every day and always gives 100% im sure he would be considered a model professional, as you would in most jobs. Unless im missing something else from the screenshots?

I suppose model professional =/= role model (in general kids aren't role models) - he's just got his head screwed on correctly.

Shame Peio Mohamed's a bit of a dodgy defender (anticipation 4?!).

I suppose model professional =/= role model (in general kids aren't role models) - he's just got his head screwed on correctly.

Shame Peio Mohamed's a bit of a dodgy defender (anticipation 4?!).

Anticipation isn't that important for a defender, its more of an attacking attribute.

OP obviously thinks the player is too young to already be a 'model professional'.

It's a judgement call I suppose

That's what I thought. Normally it's the older players isn't it?

It doesn't seem that strange to me. If they were popping up all over the place then sure, but they don't so there is no problem AFAIC. I got Veratti to model pro status at 17 through tutoring in one save. That's the only time I've ever seen it on my game.

Actually he is model proffesional because of his high professional stat (prob 20) that means he will develop quickly and train hard till he reaches his PA

I have found that players that are model pro's always reach PA quickly

I assume that'd be because being a model pro means they'll turn up to train everyday, get their head down and work hard, won't complain about silly little things, dedicate themselves to the cause etc?

even though his stats are very high, which make him a terrific professional, there's no way that at 17 years old he can be considered a role model. he can be considered dedicated, professional, passionate, but certainly not a role model. only for his 10 year old brother maybe

I suppose the assistant's report implies that he is a role model in the sense that everybody should strive to be as dedicated and professional as he is. Not in the sense that the younger players actually look up to him.

Anticipation isn't that important for a defender, its more of an attacking attribute.

I disagree 100%. Anticipation is important for all positions - some more than others, but you're central defenders are in that "more" bracket. Defensive players need to read the game quickly just as much as attacking players do. If you combine high Anticipation with high Positioning, Decisions, Concentration and Composure you'll have the potential for one classy, intelligent defender.

Obviously Anticipation is very important for strikers who have to anticipate goal scoring opportunities, but if you go around sticking 4 Anticipation DC's in your defence it ain't gonna end pretty in my experience. Nearly all top DC's have 15+ for Anticipation.

I reckon you have been playing the game wrong for a while now if that's what you think.

I disagree 100%. Anticipation is important for all positions - some more than others, but you're central defenders are in that "more" bracket. Defensive players need to read the game quickly just as much as attacking players do. If you combine high Anticipation with high Positioning, Decisions, Concentration and Composure you'll have the potential for one classy, intelligent defender.

Obviously Anticipation is very important for strikers who have to anticipate goal scoring opportunities, but if you go around sticking 4 Anticipation DC's in your defence it ain't gonna end pretty in my experience. Nearly all top DC's have 15+ for Anticipation.

I reckon you have been playing the game wrong for a while now if that's what you think.

Going back some years anticipation was always described as the attacking form of positioning. It has changed over the years and with the introduction of roles it has become more important in other areas of the field.

This can be seen easily now with the tactics creator.

When you select a position & role it highlights the key attributes for that position. For central defenders it is only a highlighted skill for those with a "cover" role. With a "defend" or "stopper" role it isn't highlighted at all with other skills being more important.

That said when you take a closer look at attribute weighting for CA it is weighted fairly heavily across the board for most positions without being the most important attribute.

On balance I'll concede my previous post was probably misleading. Whilst you can get away with one or two defenders with lower anticipation in your squad its better to have higher levels.

The personality description is determined by the combination of hidden personality attributes. And one of them is professionalism. If his professionalism is like 20, then his description will say he is a model professional regardless of other factors like age.

The game is not as deep as you think. Everything is explained by numbers and equations, unlike real life.

I have found that players that are model pro's always reach PA quickly

I actually didn't know this :) Cheers ..

I just think its unrealistic to be labeled model professional at a young age ! I will be giving him first team action next year and hopefully he will come good!

Were people like Kaka and Messi Model professionals at 17 ??? I highly doubt it!

I actually didn't know this :) Cheers ..

I just think its unrealistic to be labeled model professional at a young age ! I will be giving him first team action next year and hopefully he will come good!

Were people like Kaka and Messi Model professionals at 17 ??? I highly doubt it!

Your missing the point, the descriptions are based on hidden attributes.

His attributes fall into the category that is described as a "Model Professional", age has nothing to do with it.

Your missing the point, the descriptions are based on hidden attributes.

His attributes fall into the category that is described as a "Model Professional", age has nothing to do with it.

I know what you are saying but even if his fall into the model professional category, can the game not wait until he is 22 at least to label him model professional ... Not at 17

What? It is at least as much the opposite, unless SI Games f**ked up. It is the ability the foresee things happening before they do, which is a key concept for a player with defensive responsibilities - especially to compensate for lack of speed.

I know what you are saying but even if his fall into the model professional category, can the game not wait until he is 22 at least to label him model professional ... Not at 17

Its just a two words that make up a description, they could call it anything but in the end its no different to other players being tagged with "Fairly Determined", "Loyal", "Ambitious" etc etc

What? It is at least as much the opposite, unless SI Games f**ked up. It is the ability the foresee things happening before they do, which is a key concept for a player with defensive responsibilities - especially to compensate for lack of speed.

Spot on ! I think Anticipation is a key attribute for a defender !

even though his stats are very high, which make him a terrific professional, there's no way that at 17 years old he can be considered a role model. he can be considered dedicated, professional, passionate, but certainly not a role model. only for his 10 year old brother maybe
Of course he can. It describes a player that those younger than him look up to, or at least should. He could even inspire older players.

Its just a two words that make up a description, they could call it anything but in the end its no different to other players being tagged with "Fairly Determined", "Loyal", "Ambitious" etc etc

True but i think something like Very Ambitious would make more sense IMO ..

I am not a native English speaker, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that model professional doesn't mean that someone is an established player; with a lot of respect (in hidden numbers that would be (world) reputation).

Like other poster are trying to say (I think), it is merely a personality description (based on the value of the different hidden personality attributes) that could also have been called "extremely professional" or something like that.

The fact remains that it is still pretty rare to find a model pro that young (in the game). That is because most players don't reach the threshold for the model pro description until an older age; this is because the hidden personality attributes increase over time and can be altered by for example tutoring. Same applies for example to Influence which also increases 'naturally' over time.

Considering it's his surname that isn't important, I'm assuming you meant Muslim btw.

This and he came through the Sevilla youth !

Also an interesting thing is he is already speaking Fluent English in just under a season !

Only 1 season and he is fluent english !

Archived