Conceding when editing tactics?

It may be just coincidence, but it seems that whenever I go to change tactics during a game, I seem to concede as i'm editing the tactics. It obviously doesn't happen all of the time, but it does seem to happen far too often and its very frustrating. Any one else had this problem, or am I just noticing the goals being conceded more when i'm editing tactics?

I don't know, it seems like every time I switch to defensive mindset after scoring a goal, I end up conceding. Obviously it's a small sample size and there's going to be a lot of inherent bias. I think I'll keep track from now on, to try to test it.

It's 100% coincidence IMO,when i tinker it doesn't happen,rarely of course,but it has nothing to do with you changing your tactics what so ever.

And if anyone's going to do a test on this then remember to note down how many times the opposition doesn't score whilst making changes,that way you'll get a proper percentage.

I still think it's pure coincidence though.

It is a coincidence.

Where is dafuge when you need him, he sums this up so well. How does it go?

Something like 'there is a reason that you are changing your tactics, normally because you are under pressure and the opponents have the better of the game which is exactly the kind of time that you would expect to see them score'

Anyway hopefully he'll see that and correct it.

Also the game is fully calculated when you press play, if you were to do nothing the game would play for 90 minutes and you would get the result initially calculated. It only changes what is going to happen after you press 'confirm' on a tactical change. This means if the oppo were going to score at the point you were changing tactic then they were always going to score at that point unless you had changed something earlier and not because you are changing something. Again this has been said more eloquently by others but I hope it makes sense because this is exactly what happens and proves it is 100% not because you are changing something.

dustygator don't waste your time.

Where is dafuge when you need him, he sums this up so well. How does it go?

Something like 'there is a reason that you are changing your tactics, normally because you are under pressure and the opponents have the better of the game which is exactly the kind of time that you would expect to see them score'

Anyway hopefully he'll see that and correct it.

This is my theory anyway, and it seems to make sense. I'll expand on it if anyone wants me to, but this summarises it quite nicely.

Yeah, I have this superstition: I only make a substitution (or go to the tactical screen at all) whenever a key highlight is underway and is about to end so I know its outcome. I very, very rarely interrupt when only the minutes are ticking and no highlights are being shown, I conceded too often...

Archived