i hate the english premier league on fm. why???

i tend to play in england but i just cant stand the premier league. take my weymouth save. i joined them im the 1st season. it took me until 2022 to reach the promised land. had 1 season in there did well and then that was it. i just couldnt get myself to play it anymore. almost like i had done my job and now i wanted out. i also started as newcastle but a promotion and a mid table finish was enough for me. cant say its because i dont like losing as i had 3 seasons with weymouth near the bottom of the championship.

i should be happy when im in the top flight, money to spend, higher gates, better players, chance to compete in cups, etc. but the whole thought of the being in there is just totally off putting to me. can anyone explain why?

I don't know why bu I always feel less immersed in the Prem than any other league.

I think there are two problems:

1) I know it to well - so I know the good prem players etc. but in the lower leagues finding a gem is much, much harder (I mean who has heard of Kingsley Grandison). I also knwo how the teams perform etc.

2) Linked to the first point, I think the Ai are somewhat poor in the prem. Firstly I don't mind Man City, Spurs or Villa breaking into the top four but I don't need a new one every season. The top 4 vary so wildly in my games it's frustrating. they also don't strengthen their squads very well. Actually it's the variation in League positions that annoy me most (Arsenal probably won't fall to 7th but if they do it won't be a year after winning the title).

I never mange in England unless I get offered the job in a game, so currently on Fm2010 I havent managed in the prem yet, 2 things I hate about it:

1: Cant buy random non EU players

2: The reserve league is rubbish

Much prefer Holland (1st choice), currently just started in France

It gets way too easy in the premier league. Once you're there, you get shed-loads of cash, and with the high reputation of the league, you can pick up star players from other leagues without too much effort.

Actually it's the variation in League positions that annoy me most

Best thing about the Premier League in the game, if you ask me... I wouldn't want it to turn into the real Premier League, with deeply entrenched big clubs fighting it out for the big prizes and a bunch of no-hopers making up the numbers...

1. in my save my team had been dominating the league for 8 years straight .

2. neither of the big 4 strengthen their squad , only choosing to play rubbish regens and old legs .

3. teams outside of big 4 buying world class players . [which is so unrealistic, Tottenham bought Torres and Balotelli]

4. man utd and chelsea got relegated after the contigent of their ageing stars retired .

The variation in league position in the prem can be very strange. In the last season I completed, previous runners up spent much of the season in the bottom half and flirting with relegation. Meanwhile, newly promoted Notts County spent much of it in the top 2, eventually finishing in 4th!

I normally play my first game in the English Leagues with Newcastle, just to get used to the new version. But I get bored of the same league and same teams quite quickly and normally want to branch out quite soon.

Started a new save a while back with loads of leagues, and randomly picked to be FC Eindhoven. Had an enjoyable few seasons with them, then after getting them promoted I got a job offer from Schalke. Went there and did well but within a year Juve came calling so I couldn't resist moving on. 2 years there and I get a call from Real Madrid so I'm now in sunny Spain.

I find variation is the key to enjoying FM. I've had career games in Belgium and Korea before that I thoroughly enjoyed, somtimes it's nice to get outside your comfort zone. A change is as good as a rest etc.

Archived