Europa League knock-out stage

When 3 teams from each group qualified for the 1st knock-out stage [in UEFA Cup], 1st place played 3rd place and 2nd place played 3rd place from CL. What about now? Are the teams drawn randomly or are there any particular pots? I haven't seen any Europa League draw on TV, so no idea about that..

Ive just got to the knock out stage of the Europa League by winning my group. Ive been drawn against Benfica which came third in their Champions League group. Why have they been drawn against me when I won my group? I though the third placed Champions League teams got the runners up from a group.

Ive just got to the knock out stage of the Europa League by winning my group. Ive been drawn against Benfica which came third in their Champions League group. Why have they been drawn against me when I won my group? I though the third placed Champions League teams got the runners up from a group.

EL group winners and the 4 best third placed CL teams, play either EL groups runners up or one of the 4 worst third placed CL teams.

Archived