Welling Utd...Will they ever relocate?

Hi

Ive taken Welling Utd to the Championship and for the last season there i was filling its 5500 cap to the maximum

Ive asked the board numerous times to extend the stadia but they keep saying theres no room

Will they ever sanction a moveto a new stadium?

Is this something that any team in the game can do or only certain clubs?

What about stadium sharing, is that option even available in the game?

:)

Don't think those rules are coded into FM, I'm sure I read something from one of the programmers on here saying that you'd never be denied promotion due to ground limits as even though it's in the rules they didn't think it was fair.

Mind that was a couple of years ago.

Also, you will get a new stadium eventually, sometimes even if you don't want one. I got FC Eindhoven promoted to the Eredivisie and the board built me a 23,000 all seater stadium that I didn't need. I averaged about 5,000 the following year (The old stadium held just over 4,000) and had to service debts for the £40m loan they took out to build it. :(

Just be careful what you wish for!

As far as I'm aware there are still no minimum capacity regulations (though this is the hovering 'detriment to the league' rules). You're stadium does have to be an all-seater but it won't stop you being promoted. You'll just find in two years your stadium will have been converted to seats (which has shrunk the capacity every time it has happened to me).

Hi

Ive taken Welling Utd to the Championship and for the last season there i was filling its 5500 cap to the maximum

Ive asked the board numerous times to extend the stadia but they keep saying theres no room

Will they ever sanction a moveto a new stadium?

Is this something that any team in the game can do or only certain clubs?

What about stadium sharing, is that option even available in the game?

:)

Im currently in the 2017-2018 season with Ebbsfleet United, 3rd season in the Championship, and during my 2015-2016 campaign, I had a message saying that a new 13,000 undersoil heating stadium was being built. I only had 1.5m in the bank, but had never been in debt. Its just a case of remaining patient, and keeping your finances in the positive I believe!

When you get to the premiership they will HAVE to expand it or build a new stadium, Premier League rules.

No they won't. The premier league rules state that no stadium can have terracing in use in premiership games, it doesn't matter f t's a tiny stadium; onlythe seats will be used.

Sorry about the double post but does anyone else have real trouble with crash dumps?

its never happened before until ive started getting past the 10 year point in my game, now it happens every season at least 3 or 4 times :(

Well I am in Portugal and finally had a season with an average attendance of within 500 of my capacity, the exception being Europe where it only uses my 4500 seats not eh 10500 other tickets ;) And as we entered the new season after winning the League 5 times running the board announced that the new Tiny Stadium would be built...named after me wooohooo, though its going to take two years to build, luckily for me it is only going to cost my balance 15m as the rest is covered by sale of my old stadium and sponsorship.

I'm playing as Alfreton Town in 2035... Currently in League One and selling out my 3600 capacity stadium... I holidayed through a few seasons one night to see if they'd give me a new stadium and they did, but I've played through and gone past that point now and no new stadium at all this time :( It sucks, especially because I'm doing a lot better than the computer did this season. Hopefully at the end of the season... :)

Well, playing as Tamworth, I had my stadium maxed at 9500 capacity for some time. I spent 6 seasons in the Championship, and when I finally got promoted, the only expansion to the stadium was to make it all-seater. Luckily, I didn't lose any capacity.

After the first season in the Premier League, I was really careful with my finances - and sold some of my excess junk players, and the following season I got the new stadium.

26,995 capacity + undersoil heating. Cost me 30M, and they didn't even use my 30M in the bank. The board took out a loan and sold the old ground for 3M, so I have a 27M debt now. (300k per month till 2094!). I don't get to use my shiny new stadium until next season - taking a year to build. :mad:

Hope this helps.

finally got promoted, finished 4th and won the playoffs vs Millwall

had been selling out for 2 seasons now and FINALLY got a new stadium lol

ive been trying to take a screenie to prove the fact but when i prtscrn its just taking a screenie of my desktop

never mind...the stadium will cost £20m paid for by loans and sponsorship, the loan payment is £18.66m which costs £127k p/m for the next 15 years :(

its going to take a year and have undersoil heating with a cap of 17k

its been named Thompson after one of Wellings heroes, althogh that is my ingame second name im not the only Thompson in the legends bracket so im not sure wether its named after me or him :(

least i got my new stadium and a nice addition by SI to have the board name the stadium after fans favourites

To do a Quick Print Screen when the game is open hit "Alt + F9" - And then in the Screenshots part of your FM10 folder in MyDocs will have the screenshot :)

Also the story in the Inbox should say whether it was named after "A Great Welling Manager/Player" which will give it away...unless the other one is also a Manager haha.

actually he is although hes unemployed atm

his name was glyn thompson a gk played 444 for the club and when i released him in the championship a few seasons back the fans got right on my back even though he was terrible!

they said they would have prefered to keep him on staff after all his years of service

just checked and the message is gone so i cant check it :(

Damn, oh well, I am sure when it is built they will advise you again who it is named after...well I would hope, I am already planning an opening day ceremony for my Tiny Stadium ;) And the first Friendly being a league series with the last three Champions League Winners...Man Utd the first Qualifier.

Archived