New files created within games folder!

OK, I am having a sudden problem. Whenever I load a saved game, new folders are being created automatically within the games folder! Is this normal? I deleted all of them except for my saved games but they still reappear! How to prevent this from happening?? Thanks! :(

Are they the back-up files of your save game?

No, I don't think so! I never had this problem before! Then when I run CCleaner to delete temporary files, this strange problem pops out! The files in my games folder wisch is being created automatically are db, tactics, games, matches, skins, sound and editor data. Strangely the editor data file WITHIN my Football Manager 2010 contains ALL my downloaded leagues while the editor data file WITHIN the games folder does not contain anything at all! The same with my tactics file! The tactics file contains some of my saved tactics within the Football Manager 2010 folder but NOT within the games folder!

This problem suddenly poped out! Why is this so and how to prevent this from happening? I tried to delete ALL the files within the games folder (except for the config and saved games files) but these files keep reappearing within the games folder! :(

I think you might have to reinstall. Remove all your saved games and edited files to either a dvd or usb stick first though. When you've reinstalled remember to patch before returning your files to the right locations.

This is a screenshot of my files. Notice that the game folder is being recreated again within the games folder! As a result of this, I cannot download any skins or edited leagues unless I go into another sub folder of skins or editor data! What is happening here??? Also notice that I have two saved games but thankfully these are intact! But within the games/games folder, there are no saved games or files, only the config file! Please help! :(

2gwdg8m.jpg

I think you might have to reinstall. Remove all your saved games and edited files to either a dvd or usb stick first though. When you've reinstalled remember to patch before returning your files to the right locations.

What actually caused this problem in the first place! I just don't want to reinstall because I don't have a USB stick or blank DVD disc! How to prevent this from occurring in the future? :(

What is the user data folder in preferences in the game set as?

Well, it has been finally sorted out! I nearly got a heart attack! :D The user data was set to Football Manager 2010/games! It should have been just to Football Manager 2010! The reason I changed this is because I had trouble downloading skins! Well it is all sorted out, to say the least! Thank goodness I did not follow trekman's advise! This thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=5408402#post5408402 solved this issue thanks to moderator michaeltmurrayuk!

Cheers! I nearly got a big fright! :D :D

Archived