Decent assistant manager?

Started a game as Liverpool but had to get rid of Sammy Lee because he kept upsetting my players in press conferences. Also, when I click 'ask assistant' he just put tackling to hard on everyone but the keeper. So I got a new guy, same thing with the press conferences. Small things I know but I cant be bothered doing the press conferences myself and I've always used my assistant to put in the basics for opposition instructions.

I know Tassotti is very good, specially at the conferences but I cant afford him and even if I could why would he leave Milan? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know Tassotti is very good, specially at the conferences but I cant afford him and even if I could why would he leave Milan?

Just so you are aware, in FM there is no such thing as staff loyalty, as long as your reputation is high enough, you can afford the wage and compensation being asked, he will join you without a second thought

Nigel Gibbs is quite a good ass man, good man mangement, motivatition, tactical knowledge, think he has 18/20 scouting aswell as making decent defending coach

Cheers. Strange that theres no way of directly creating a search filter from staff. Might be an idea for the next game.

what do you mean? i can filter staff attributes?

what do you mean? i can filter staff attributes?

Under your managers name drop down menu you will see an option 'search'.

Select staff from the 4 options on there.

You can now use the filter function as normal to fine tune your staff search.

I personally look for an ASS MAN who has high:

JPA and JPP as it can save time when scouting players as he already has an idea who are good.

Motivating so he can do good team talks (if you want him to)

Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivation and Tactical Knowledge if he is going to manage your reserves

Add in working with youngsters if he is managing your Youth team.

If you are a small club, you may want one who can also fill a coaching spot as well.

Finally, look under his personal and see what his media handling style is. I actually have no idea which attribute(s) handle press conferences, so I trust this along with the attributes I have listed and I seem to always get a good assistant.

A few good examples are Moniz, Pat Rice, Martin Keone, John Park. The spellings may be wrong as these are off the top of my head.

Under your managers name drop down menu you will see an option 'search'.

Select staff from the 4 options on there.

You can now use the filter function as normal to fine tune your staff search.

No I meant creating a search directly from a staff member. Its possible with players but not staff.

I've got Nigel Gibbs as my manager and hes great. So id recommend him.

You just need to find someone with good player knowledge, tactical knowledge, motivation, determination, judging player potential and a friendly media-style.. not much to ask

In my experience all assistants do the same with team talks and press conferences. Best to do it all yourself really but like you I can't be bothered either and just live with the consequences lol.

In my experience all assistants do the same with team talks and press conferences. Best to do it all yourself really but like you I can't be bothered either and just live with the consequences lol.

From my experience its slightly different depending on who´s doing them.

Some have nothing to say on matchday while some always say "We can win this!" with the occassional "Do it for the fans!" mixed in.

Yeah was just about to say. Pat Rice is afaik the best starting assman in the game. Though I still wouldn't recommend leaving everything to him. I had a game once where I won 3-1 against someone like coventry, and he slammed my players for not being good enough leading to half my first team squad being disillusioned.

i recommend manolo ruiz from spain, if you are in spain. he won't be expensive to sign at first because his rep is not that high. he is a charm with the media and offers solid tactical advice; as well as being a very nicely rounded coach which you can use to train at a high level many attributes. the only real thing i need to revise from him are his team talks. he asserts many but sometimes he can be a bit too tough on the players so you need to be careful to correct it.

My ass man is a total mentalist. A brazilian called Jorginho ... he's got good stats, but he's totally insane. He regularly storms out of press conferences, says things to anger players (despite having a 20 for motivation :confused::D) and has got himself fined by the FA for constantly having a go at referees, though it's me who the board blame :o

Should probably get a new one, but he makes the game a bit more interesting :D

My ass man is a total mentalist. A brazilian called Jorginho ... he's got good stats, but he's totally insane. He regularly storms out of press conferences, says things to anger players (despite having a 20 for motivation :confused::D) and has got himself fined by the FA for constantly having a go at referees, though it's me who the board blame :o

Should probably get a new one, but he makes the game a bit more interesting :D

Sounds awesome, what is his media handling style and personality listed as?

Personality: Balanced

Media handling style: Outspoken, Volitile, Confrontational :D

He does sound like a bundle of fun. I thought my Assistant was also volatile when I signed him, but he is not 'media friendly'. So I either made a mistake or he has changed style.

Check out Ricardo Moniz of Hamburg.. superb Ass Man.. Rene Meulsteen of Man Utd also accpets Ass Man roles a few years in the game... Ofc as mentioned Brian Mclair, another helluva good Ass Man...

Archived