Players who dominate domestically but struggle at International level

There have been plenty of players who havent translated their club form to international IRL or havent scored like they were expected to at the higher level of International football.

Can this happen in FM? Or is a good player a good player no matter what. Does the game differentiate between International football and domestic football?

Also can a player struggle in one country but be a leading star in another. i.e flop in Italy but succeed in England and vice-versa? So that you would have to consider their ability to play in a different style and tempo in a new league.

I dont think this happens in the game, does anyone know if it does? Do you think it'll be in a future version or impossible to code?

I'm not sure, Gabby Agbonlahor for me has 143 goals in 225 games in all competitions, but has only scored 2 in 14 for England.

But to be honest I wouldn't think that the game would be able to differentiate between the two?

There's a regen on mine who has 181 goals in 244 games, but only has 7 international goals in 21 caps. Whereas, when I was England manager, I used a different striker who wasn't as prolific, with 185 in 315 games, but had 33 goals in 44 caps.

It'd be great too imo for different leagues to play distinctly differently, different tempo, tactics etc. I just think everything's a bit too samey at the moment, there doesn't seem to be any difference between serie A and the Premier League, Barca and Bolton, besides reputation and expectation.

I guess the hidden attribute 'important matches' (I think that is its correct name) will have a bearing on performance at international level. Or I would at least like to think it would cause the player to perform poorer for his country.

I guess the hidden attribute 'important matches' (I think that is its correct name) will have a bearing on performance at international level. Or I would at least like to think it would cause the player to perform poorer for his country.

no not Important Matches but Adaptability and maybe Ambition and off course Consistency. These three are important ,but they are hidden so nobody will know how good or bad he is. If you have a good scout they are often reveal their idenities.

p.s. : sorry for bad English

I remember it being said I think about a player that the ball over the top wasn't a feature or so effective at International level, unlike in the league, so they weren't so effective. That there is less space in a slower, more tactical football, so that you needed different skills to succeed and definitely an excellent first touch.

Archived