Players or Tactics; which really determines how well you perform

I've got something of a gripe. There are quite a few individuals who seem to have created foolproof tactics which you can download from the Tactics & Training forum. Now it seems to me that an awful lot of these individuals have squads which are a cut above any other squad in their respective league. My question is simple; are these tactics so successful because of the personel they have at their disposal or is it really down to the tactic they have created.

Now I myself am trying to develop a tactic which works with a squad of players who are several cuts below the standard of the squads in the league I am managing (Serie C2/B) and with mixed success. I am purposefully looking for players with CA of between 50 and 60; the league standard is about 70, and am currently 9th with three games to play, this is inspite of the fact that my team is some way from gelling and morale has been poor throughout the season.

Basically all I'm saying is that I suspect the reason that all these 'Ultra' tactics are so successful if because the repective managers have world beaters in every position. If you were to take a bottom of the table scrapper like Hull City, bring in no players whatsoever and then apply an 'Ultra' tactic, where would the side finish up come the end of the season?

Please give me your opinion

I find its both, Ive tried the same tactic that I created on a number of teams and without the players I struggled.

Even with good players that dont fit into the tactic I failed

But on the flip side if you have poor tactics a worldclass squad will still probably finish mid table

Mr. Hough's Ultra Tactic works for team who are not world beaters at all. Apparently with no signings he took Everton and used his tactic and won the domestic treble. Now Everton have good players but they are by no means world beaters. So i believe tactics are 60% of the equation and players + other stuff comprising the rest.

Also with Mr.Hough's tactic i won the eredivisae in Holland with Heerenveen who are pretty much a lowly mid-table type team. :eek:

Personally I'd say it's a little skewed towards tactics. A side of world class plaers is never going to be mid-table (Real Madrid have always been there or thereabouts). Whereas there are tactics that can take a lowly side and make them loads better.

But I guess it's done this way to give the palyer some semblance of control.

Archived