what are your goals on a long term save?

my original goal was to get into the Premier League as succsesfully as possible, then it turns to being Prem champion, Champs league etc....now my goal is to go as many games un-beaten as possible and eventually have a all english team...

what are your main goals? personal goals? little milestones your aiming at?

depends on the save,

if its with my favourite team (torquay) i try to build a premier league club with a decent stadium, squad etc (managed this) and ultimately try to win the league and champs league (never managed either and been playing since champ manager 2 im not great at it)

the other sort of save i play every year is a career game, where i start with sunday league experience and take the first job that comes up and work my way up the leagues accepting better job offers, this year ive gone to worcester, rotherham then leeds in season 7 at the minute.

the 2nd sort of game should be more exciting but i dont think anything beats managing the team you support :D

depends on the save,

if its with my favourite team (torquay) i try to build a premier league club with a decent stadium, squad etc (managed this) and ultimately try to win the league and champs league (never managed either and been playing since champ manager 2 im not great at it)

the other sort of save i play every year is a career game, where i start with sunday league experience and take the first job that comes up and work my way up the leagues accepting better job offers, this year ive gone to worcester, rotherham then leeds in season 7 at the minute.

the 2nd sort of game should be more exciting but i dont think anything beats managing the team you support :D

i also prefer starting un-employed sunday league and jumping @ the first job...1 minute i have no money then i'm buying a player for £60mill

i also prefer starting un-employed sunday league and jumping @ the first job...1 minute i have no money then i'm buying a player for £60mill

i think the think i enjoyed most at worcester was having a good season and a half within my wage budget but watching the balance slowly drop to 100k in the red then drawing southampton away in the fa cup first round and wiping the debt in one match, very satisfying.

When i started with livingston my aim was to get to the prem from division 3. Achieved that in successive seasons. My aim then was to stay in the spl, got sacked though... My next aim was to move.

Other saves my goal was to come in as a rescue type manager. Take a club on the brink of relegation and save it, then move on, only taking 1 year contracts

I'm on my first save and I only loaded All-English leagues with the big Euro-leagues in the background.

TARGET 1: Newcastle to the EPL and ECC qualification - complete.

TARGET 2: Man Utd bring back to the top after SAF retired - win EPL and ECC - so far I have only won EPL.

TARGET 3: Nottingham Forest, take them and make them a Top Four team in the EPL.

ON-SIDE: England, win either WC or EC.

Should take me a month or two if I get the chance!

When I load my next game I'm going to try and win Italian, Spanish and English leagues whilst also trying to win ECC with each team too. Playing as non-'big' teams.

I am going for a realistic career. I have loaded leagues in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, England and Belgium.

I am hoping for something along the lines of Jose Mourinho's Career get to the top win stuff then move on.

I will make decisions based on what i would do if it was really happening. So if i get a job offer i will seriously consider it and do what's best for the manager.

I have two managers in One save.

My Arsenal one is want to do Fergueson and spend my whole carrer there creating several teams other time and winning everything and breaking records. Also manager England and aim is to Win the world Cup as won the European Cup and Confedations Cup.

As Ispwich my aim was get them into Priemiership which did in Third Season. NOw the aim is keep them in Preimiership which hopefully should do as seven point clear from relegation spot. This manager will be looking to move around achive things at different clubs and win trophies in Different countries.

My aim is always the same no matter who I manage or what stage of my career - Either do better than I did the year before, or else if in the top league and I finished top 3 last year, then the goal is to finish in the top 3 again.

to get to the top of the Hall of Fame, which I have nearly achieved, just need to surpass Sir Alex Ferguson.

Something else which I also haven't done is win all the major tournaments - World Cup, Euro Cup, EPL & CL - in the same save

I'm not really botheres about winning trophies or the hall of fame - they will just happen if you know what I mean. Have an all spanish squad or every player being home grown in time. If it was about winning trophies and hall of fame then I would get pretty bored pretty quickley. Oh and getting a new stadium would be pretty cool and would be my first - and maybe a son - I can always dream!!! :D

Edit : And the 2 billion mark would be good too.

my usual goals:

- win all trophies (when i start with a big team)

- increase reputation (when i start with a small team)

- develop my youngsters

- get international caps for my uncapped players (consequence of my good work with the team)

On my long term saves I tend to start in a little European country, like Austria, Belgium, Serbia etc, and take the club as far as possible. In my current save I took LASK to the Europa League Quarter Finals, when I got offered a jub with Liverpool. So I'm trying to develop a great youth system and players atm, and then I'll probably work in Spain and dominate over there

Currently started a new mid-term game in Belgian league.

Goal: Take a lowest division club and Win Belgian First Division title + Champions Cup (UCL).

If get sacked, continue from another 3rd div club.

When goal is achieved I'll start another new game. :)

I am playing this on FM2008. FM10 game is on-hold now.

On my current game when I took over Liverpool in 2021, my aim was to overtake Man U's league titles record, which was 24 by that time I think, while Liverpool were still on 18. I've done that, and am now trying to overtake Real Madrid's CL record, which hopefully I'll do this season. Also, I'm trying to win more league titles with Liverpool than Bob Paisley, and overtake Fergie as the best manager in the game. I may have done the second, I'm not sure.

These are my main goals:

Win 10,000 games witha 100% winning record!

Get the board to bow down to my brilliance!

Become a legend at the club! (now that is easy! :D)

Even if you give an ultimatum, the board won't dare ever sack you because of your 100% win record! :D

My aim is to win every continental competition on the game, at the moment I have won the OFC champions league with Auckland City, Asian champions league with Wellington Phoenix, North American champions league with America(MEX) and the European champions league with Real Madrid. I am currently managing Velez in Argentina with the aim of winning the Libertadores, if I can achieve that I will then move to South Africa or Egypt to finish off my challenge.

Normally I just pick one team and then try to win as much as possible once I get bored I then just start a new game but I fancied doing something different for a change.

My current save quick update

Northern Ireland second division, expected bottom came 14th/15

QUIT JOINED PROMOTED TEAM SAME LEAGUE - quit after two games

Same season joined South African team first division coastal came second lost playoffs

3rd season won league lost champions playoff won last years playoff

My short term aim is to secure Bay Utds prem future in next 3 seasons

Move to Britain, not high up as its easy in the South African leagues, loads of talent.

Win the big leagues in England/Scotland with a team I built from scratch

A year before my manager retires I want to bring in my son and build his legacy as part South African :p

With my son I want to keep the Leishman name alive, and make my uncle Jim proud, yes that Jim.

My long term aim in every game has 3 stages, to be achieved in the following order.

1) Establish my team as one of the Worlds best.

2) Maintain a position within the 10 richest clubs in the world, in a stable manner, meaning no huge fluctuations in value, it must be pretty stable.

3) Get my squads average age down to less than 23.

I got all the leagues selected, I'm managing Flamengo in Brazil, goals by now are:

Become the team who won Brazilian League most times -> Done

Become the team who won "Copa Libertadores da America" most times, hard, still need to win at least 7 times hehe

Pay the current loan (hoping the chairman pays it when we have the money) 95M Euro to pay

Besides that there is plenty of goals in other teams, won every other competition available, etc

Of course that so many challenges that won't be ever completed =P

I'm currently trying to win as much as I can in as many countries as possible. So far, I've won 2 Premierships, an FA Cup and a Champions League with Notts County, then managed Celtic for one year and won both cups and the league with a goal difference of +125, and I'm now attempting to guide Roma to the Serie A title.

Its my first full season and with 7 league matches left, I'm a point ahead of Inter and in the Quarter Final of the Champions League too.

My current one is to be able to field a full Italian XI that could win the league (or at least just the outfield, since my first-choice goalkeeper is a young Hungarian wonderkid). Not doing that well so far - sold off/lost 4 good Italian players this transfer window in the hopes I can promote a couple more youngsters.

I like to just build a career and go around different clubs around the world, obviously have certain goals with each club too, main one is to eventually build the team into a 'complete team' and build the finances up if possible, while having as much success as i can, basically.

I always have a couple of general long term goals, which apply to any save:

-- Win everything avaliable. This is a given, really.

-- Have a positive net spend throughout my whole career.

-- Build a team consisting mostly (at least 75%) home-grown talent.

In my current Genoa save, I've set myself a couple of loftier goals:

-- Make Genoa the number one team in Europe, via winning trophies.

-- Build a team of entirely Italian players, preferebly from our own academy.

-- Build a new stadium. This is something I've never done anywhere and it'd be great to move away from the Luigi Ferraris and stop sharing with Sampdoria. It does not help the pitch at all.

-- Become a club legend. Also something I haven't done. It'd be the crowning moment of the save.

Archived