Top managers not taking any jobs?

I have noticed this as well.

I always start with LFC which means Rafa has no club, but never gets picked up by anyone.

I have seen Hughes, Mancini, Wenger, Mourinho and Magath all without clubs but the biggest clubs are run by random/regen managers.

Very unusual and quite unrealistic when some of the worlds best managers just sit there without clubs.

Managers shift around enough with me. In FM09 in 2019, Mourinho was national manager of Portugal, Rafa had moved to Inter before returning to LFC, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and others had all had a few big name changes, including Klinsmen if I recall. The only big team besides my QPR side not to change managers a lot was Arsenal, who stuck with Liam Brady after Wenger retired in 2013. Maybe things were changed a little for FM10; I'm only three seasons in so I don't know.

i notice top managers only seem to leave a club to manage at international level or retire. and average managers get top jobs. spurs are a top 4 team on a long game of mine and chose tony mowbray and then paul ince

I agree on this...... on my game i had Jorge Jesus unemployed forever!!!

Something SI will hopefully look at - i am sure they will, because before patch 10.3 there was this issue with the staff team having all members wanting to change clubs at the end of the season - and they have fixed that pretty good

I have noticed this as well.

I always start with LFC which means Rafa has no club, but never gets picked up by anyone.

I have seen Hughes, Mancini, Wenger, Mourinho and Magath all without clubs but the biggest clubs are run by random/regen managers.

Very unusual and quite unrealistic when some of the worlds best managers just sit there without clubs.

I usually go Liverpool if i am starting a new save but in most of mine rafa always go to manage Spain or Benfica.

Id like to see the elite clubs changing managers alot more often in FM.

Clubs with reputations of 8500+ should not stick with managers who fail to win consistently.

In my game, 2016, Real Madrid have won only 2 league titles, have been runners up to Barca every other year have have not appeared in one single Champions League final, yet Pellegrini is still in charge.

Liverpool stuck with Benitez until 2015 even though they finished 10th one year.

Mourinho is unemployed since 2010.

Id like to see the elite clubs changing managers alot more often in FM.

Clubs with reputations of 8500+ should not stick with managers who fail to win consistently.

In my game, 2016, Real Madrid have won only 2 league titles, have been runners up to Barca every other year have have not appeared in one single Champions League final, yet Pellegrini is still in charge.

Liverpool stuck with Benitez until 2015 even though they finished 10th one year.

Mourinho is unemployed since 2010.

yeah, this makes no sense at all! SI please fix this for 2011

As far as i know, nonplayer managers don't apply for jobs ....

they wait to be approached, and can decide to retire after 18+ months if no offers are made.

Reputation is the only factor a club considers when offering a contract to a manager.

I dont really understand why CA/PA , win/loss ratio (possibly) arent in the mix aswell, it just seems so half-implemented .....

Archived