Most painful transfer rejection?

Ive had a few, Jack Wilshere went to Bayern not me, Diaby picked someone else, Jay Emmanual Thomas wouldnt follow me to me new club when I moved clubs, also the new club wouldnt give me enough wages to get all the backroom staff I wanted like Steve Bould and a few others, they left Ajax when I did but I couldnt resign them all

There are others but these are the ones I remember

I have been looking for a really good DL for FM-months, because my Ajax team is fine except that position. Then I get offered an amazing 18yo DL from Honduras and the price is just 1mil. No big teams interested, so I sell my substitute goalie just to get the damn 1mil because I had spent all transfer budget.. And then comes Nurnberg and takes him.. So annoying..!!!

Which player have you been most eager to sign and they have rejected you? Maybe for a poorer club or just devastation that you wanted him badly?

Pretty much all my bids alaways gets rejected. Dont know wich to choose from the 1 million occassions. :confused:

Ok im a bit over negative. But try going in and not pick a good team from start.

Its more then hard.

On a Roma game I have, I tried to loan Milevski first season, with a view to buy at the end when I'd sold a few players at the end of the season. I was nice to him in the media, and he responded well. He then went to Napoli for less than the future fee I had offered. I really could have used him, as while we were getting plenty of goals from Totti and co, my CF's weren't pulling their weight.

It won't mean anything to you cause he's a regen in 2026, but his name was Garcia, an American. He looked like a God. Fantastic technically and pretty much 20s across all set pieces attributes. Even stranger is he was unwanted in R.Madrid and could be gotten for 9.5M. Gave him the 65k he wanted in wages. Had even been tapping him up so he seemed rather eager to sign. Then Inter come along with their massive sacks of money and apparently offer the lad 140k a week. Needless to say he didn't have a meet and greet at our stadium :(

It won't mean anything to you cause he's a regen in 2026, but his name was Garcia, an American. He looked like a God. Fantastic technically and pretty much 20s across all set pieces attributes. Even stranger is he was unwanted in R.Madrid and could be gotten for 9.5M. Gave him the 65k he wanted in wages. Had even been tapping him up so he seemed rather eager to sign. Then Inter come along with their massive sacks of money and apparently offer the lad 140k a week. Needless to say he didn't have a meet and greet at our stadium :(

While it's a shame that you didn't sign him, if in the year 2026 we finally produce some top talent, hurry up and fast-forward time for me!

While it's a shame that you didn't sign him, if in the year 2026 we finally produce some top talent, hurry up and fast-forward time for me!

Just so you know, in my game in 2028, for 5 of the past 6 years, the best player in the world has been American. Though he's since been usurped by an Englishman. Both of them are on my team.

Plenty of great players in 2026. As long as you have scouts scouring the important continents you should be set.

Very annoyed I didn't get this guy though. Especially now when I'm placed 17th of 20 in the PL (only 3 games, but still..). Guess my new tactic is **** then :D

I have been looking for a really good DL for FM-months, because my Ajax team is fine except that position. Then I get offered an amazing 18yo DL from Honduras and the price is just 1mil. No big teams interested, so I sell my substitute goalie just to get the damn 1mil because I had spent all transfer budget.. And then comes Nurnberg and takes him.. So annoying..!!!

You could have allocated some wage budget over to the transfer budget.

Most painful I think was in FM09. Loaned an Italian newgen striker from Roma to my Gills team with a future transfer fee of $1 million (he was already worth $3 million by end of season) and we nearly got promotion to the Premier League. So I bid the $1 million for him but he kept rejecting the contract and he went back to Roma and we suffered the next season and by that time Roma weren't going to let him go on cheap and he didn't want to come back on loan. :(

Once bid £35m for the player who would later become the world's best right-back and right-winger - and Arsenal bid £30m but Manchester United bizarrely accepted Arsenal's bid as well. He went to Arsenal. :(

It took me 4-5 years to find another good right-back... :(

I think its pretty heartbreaking when you get bids accepted for certain world class English players, only for them to say they have no intention of ever joining... For example I wanted to sign Gary Neville who was without contract, but he refused to sign no matter how much money I offered him. Also when I had a bid accepted for Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, and Joe Cole. All of them refused my huge contract offer to stay with their clubs.

probally offering an unattached 18 year old whos attributes were amazing a contract promising first team football after promotion to the premiership only for him to turn me down for my fierce rivals who were languishing in league 1 :mad:

When I first got to Valencia, I really wanted Luis Suarez as a future replacement for David Villa. So I spent all season tapping him up, became one of his favorite people, and also managed to win the Champions League while Ajax were faltering. So I figured I was set...until my 25 million bid was turned down. I couldn't go any higher than that comfortably, and had to let him go...only for him to (ironically) score three against me in the Round of 16 later that year.

I also really wanted a regen centerback that Liverpool had that I never could really pry away from them; eventually I settled on a Swiss wonderkid, though, who turned out to be better. So that one worked out (the Villa one did, too; I got an English regen to take his place and it's working out VERY well), but was irritating at the time.

been at the start of my second season for hsv, scouting some players for MC-position then suddenly bordeaux offers me gourcuff for 15 mil....i offer him a contract but he kindly rejected :)

Tried to sign Yannis Tafer for 2 years whilst at Juve, but could never get him to move from Genoa. He would have been the final piece of my jigsaw, was desparate to sign him.

Then I moved to Real Madrid. They gave me a £150m warchest and a £5m wage budget so he was straight to the top of my list. With only a few days before the transfer window shut, they accepted my £59m bid. He asked for £140k/week, I didn't even haggle.

Then the board cancelled it because he failed a medical. :D I wouldnt' care, but it was only a shoulder injury keeping him out for 3 weeks. But long enough for the transfer window to shut.

Maybe in the next window...!

i have bid 13 million for rodwell and its been refused. then a few months later they accept a 8 million bid from chelsea, i did match it and i offered him mega wages and he chose tottenham. i had a lot of bids for di maria rejected but i praised him and said to press i was intrested and i got him for 15 million because i think he then wanted to leave. arsenal players have said they have no intention of joining me when they would have fitted well in my team and were even transfer listed

If it wasnt for that the economy is shot to hell as soon as i take over as manager maybe im able to actually buy a player soon.

I dont know if its just bad luck or a bug or what.

But the 4 clubs i´ve tried to manage had such a bad economy that i never had any transfer money.

One of those clubs i know for real doesnt have that bad economy and i for sure never did something to worsen it, on the contrary.

Won the league and supercup + selling a player for record transfer money and still able to replace him.

I dont know what´s up with that.

Any situation where the games goes

Chelsea have put in a bid of 1.9mil for your wonderkid star striker that you spent 2 seasons developing and couldn't possibly replace and will single handedly take you to at least the championship.

The chairman has decided this deal is too good to pass up and has accepted it on your behalf.

Wonderkid is sad to leave your team.

The fans are angry that you have allowed wonderkid to leave, they see his departure as an abberation.

The fans are disappointed that you have failed in your bid for promotion this season.

The board are very disappointed that you have failed in your bid for promotion this season.

"£%$"%£$"%£$"%$£%"$£%$$%%$"£%$"£"£%$"£!!!!!

That is all.

Any situation where the games goes

Chelsea have put in a bid of 1.9mil for your wonderkid star striker that you spent 2 seasons developing and couldn't possibly replace and will single handedly take you to at least the championship.

The chairman has decided this deal is too good to pass up and has accepted it on your behalf.

Wonderkid is sad to leave your team.

The fans are angry that you have allowed wonderkid to leave, they see his departure as an abberation.

The fans are disappointed that you have failed in your bid for promotion this season.

The board are very disappointed that you have failed in your bid for promotion this season.

"£%$"%£$"%£$"%$£%"$£%$$%%$"£%$"£"£%$"£!!!!!

That is all.

That the board interferes like that AND then the following reactions occur i see as a bug really.

They make the decision, they should stand by it.

If they´re going to come in and ruin your team with such decisions at least the blame for it is on the chairman. Or better, remove those chairman decisions all together.

On key players that shouldnt be possible. With an "allowed" amount of players set as key players, four or so.

They should be made untouchable by such decisions in my opinion.

The rest it could apply to.

Imho.

Archived