only really helpful if you've been Newcastle in the first season

Hi Guys,

I decided to go newcastle united, because i struggle with cardiff and cannot win.....i am now in december, and my bank balance is (in the red) -£5,000,000 around that figure anyway, and its getting worse,,,,, i have agreed to sell nicky butt, colochini, best, pancrate, off and will make only about £3m.....but i was just wondering, do the funds get better, and will promotion give my club more cash......( i know it will...) but i need funds to strengthen without havin to sell off key players

Hi Guys,

I decided to go newcastle united, because i struggle with cardiff and cannot win.....i am now in december, and my bank balance is (in the red) -£5,000,000 around that figure anyway, and its getting worse,,,,, i have agreed to sell nicky butt, colochini, best, pancrate, off and will make only about £3m.....but i was just wondering, do the funds get better, and will promotion give my club more cash......( i know it will...) but i need funds to strengthen without havin to sell off key players

Yes it will improve...I've played as Newcastle twice and both times there was a board takeover by a "sugar daddy"...In my first save it happened mid to late 1st season in my second (and current) save it happened in the beginning of the 4th season I believe. Both times the "sugar daddy" dropped BIG bucks into the team....the 1st save it was $300-$325 million (U.S.) and the second time is was over $400 million (U.S.).

You will lose money steadily through out the season, although your bank balance does seem to be very low already.

I loaned Jonas out for 1.2 million with an option to buy him as I didn't plan on using wide players. I have brought in about 12.5million in players, the majority of this money on two 5 million purchases which are spread over 48 months.

That has left me on 9th November 09 with a bank balance of 1.1million.

This is my second save with Newcastle, I got 10 years in with the other save and never had a tycoon take over, but rapidly became one of the richest clubs in the world.

SO my advice would be not to sell your best players unless you get a cracking offer for some one who can be replaced with a younger, but equally able player.

Archived