Tamworth in the EPL. What odds?

After a 16-season slog from the BSN, I finally win the playoffs and make it to the big time.

The chairman wants me to fight against relegation. No worries, I'll rebuild the team, starting with the defence.

Good to see the bookies are with me!

tamworth.jpg

By the way, notice who the bookies reckon are going to win it? :D

Tamworth would never make the Premiership in a million years in real life. It's a shame the game cannot prevent it somehow.

Why wouldn't they? All it takes is a decent manager to get them into the football league in however many years, and a slow push upwards from there..

Tamworth would never make the Premiership in a million years in real life. It's a shame the game cannot prevent it somehow.

Well I don't know what you know about the pyramid system in the English league, but any team, theoretically, could get into the EPL, assuming their ground met safety standards and stuff.

If the game prevented smaller teams reaching the bigger leagues, Blackpool/Burnley wouldn't get there either.

If the game prevented smaller teams reaching the bigger leagues, Blackpool/Burnley wouldn't get there either.

Neither of those are particularly small clubs historically. Not in the same way that you would call Tamworth a small club.

But whoever eluded to it is right - the guy suggesting that the game prevents sides like Tamworth working their way through the league system must be a WUM.

I seem to remember them saying the same thing about Hull and Wimbledon a few years ago ;)

Well done on reaching the Prem cageycityfan :thup:

Glad to see that you took time and put the effort in, Cageycityfan, rather than the normal "I took so-an-so from the BSP to the Prem League in one season and won everything with a million goals!!!!!1!!" Well done.

So basically no one should be able to complete Dafuge's Challenge then??. There's a saying "Anything's possible in football"

Sorry for the double post OP.

10 years ago if someone said Wigan would be in the prem every1 would have laughed. they used to play in front of 2000 fans in division 4 (league 2) so no reason why Tamworth couldnt do it. good luck! good to see Forest at the top aswell! What year are you in? also has Forests ground been extended on your game?

Well done Cagey. I got Boston up there after 18 years. Now that was a damn hard slog

I'm currently trying to get a side called Stoke Bishop up from bristol downs league four all the way up through all the lower leagues and into the prem on my mates database he created, now that's gonna be a slog(its got all the lower leagues)! :D(im in bristol downs div 3 now, 2nd season)

I bet in the 1970s people thought the same about Wimbledon and also Auxerre in France.

10 years ago if someone said Wigan would be in the prem every1 would have laughed. they used to play in front of 2000 fans in division 4 (league 2) so no reason why Tamworth couldnt do it. good luck! good to see Forest at the top aswell! What year are you in? also has Forests ground been extended on your game?

i just posted the same thing lol :D

Archived