How many European places are there in the English Prem after the first season.

There sould be 4 Champions League Spots/2 Euro Cup places via the league & 1 Euro Cup place for each domestic cup YES??????????

I finished 7th with Middlesbrough in my second season - Villa won the League Cup so they are in the Euro Cup but Everton who Finished 6th are also in the Euro Cup but they reached the FA Cup Final against Chelsea & both should have qualified via the league for both Euro Competitions so shouldnt that mean an extra place would be available in the league???????????

1st 4 are in Champions League

In this case the 5th place team are in the Euro Cup and so are the runners-up of the FA Cup (Everton) and Carling Cup winners (Villa).

Everton did not qualify via their league position.

Unfortunately you just missed out.

1st 4 are in Champions League

In this case the 5th place team are in the Euro Cup and so are the runners-up of the FA Cup (Everton) and Carling Cup winners (Villa).

Everton did not qualify via their league position.

Unfortunately you just missed out.

Bloody Nightmare that lol,cheers for clearing that up mate :)

Bloody Nightmare that lol,cheers for clearing that up mate :)

lol know how you feel on FM2009 I missed out on Europe by 1 point.

Im my current game, I finished 3rd in Holland which in the season I was in would of got my champ league footy, but they dropped a place at the end of that season so only the top 2 qualified

lol know how you feel on FM2009 I missed out on Europe by 1 point.

Im my current game, I finished 3rd in Holland which in the season I was in would of got my champ league footy, but they dropped a place at the end of that season so only the top 2 qualified

I had a similar situation before. I finished 5th in the Premier League and failed to qualify for any European competition. Everything worked against me that season. A team that finished below me won the Champions League so they qualified for that instead of the 4th placed team. My Uefa Cup spot went to the 4th placed team. Both the Carling Cup and FA Cup were won by teams that finished below me so all the European places were filled and I was not in one. :o

Archived