Quick job question.

I've just been linked with the vacant Oldham job and released a statement saying I'd be interested in the job. Do I also have to apply for the job? Or will they just approach me (providing I get the nod)? Cheers.

I've just been linked with the vacant Oldham job and released a statement saying I'd be interested in the job. Do I also have to apply for the job? Or will they just approach me (providing I get the nod)? Cheers.

You don't have to. They could approach you, but safer option is to apply. :thup:

I know you've already gotten your answer, but I just wanted to chime in to say that every time I've ever responded to that news bit saying that I would be interested in the job, the team I was linked to came calling in the next week or so. I've done it dozens of times and have never had a team not offer me the position. (I play with automatic reputation, as well)

Yeah I didn't get any of those jobs either. Then all of a sudden Orient come out of the blue without the need for any statement. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't generally hire such incompetent managers. With Oldham they signed the manager at the bottom of the BSS and promptly got relegated, and with Wycombe at a later date they signed a 28 year old player-manager who hadn't won a game in only the ten games he's managed.

Oh well, their losses. They're down and the O's have made a strong start to the season (not to mention they actually survived relegation).

Archived