Crazy Take overs....

i was just wondering what some of the more bizarre take overs you had all witnessed were?

i've seen a fair few random ones, like a multi billionaire taking over liverpool,chelsea (abramovich stopped investing :D ) and villa and then they can do whatever they want.... but have you seen it happen to lower teams?

in my liverpool save, crystal palace got taken over after 6 season and spent absolutely obscene amounts. they spent 50m in 2 seasons buying my rejects alone. plus another 50m on other players. after about 4 years, i counted it all up and they spent 224m, received 18m!!! yet there financial status was secure??

then the same thing happened to reading! they went out and started spedning money man city would've been proud of! first transfer window they had they bought 3 players, one for about 16-17m, one for 20-22m, and one for 28.5mil! and they were all given stupid wages as the 28.5m player turned down me (i'd won the PL and CL 5 times on the bounce) for the money!!!

so whats the weirdest take overs you've all seen??

p.s. apologies if this has been done already....

Not sure lol probably a tight git. They use to be a top 4 team on it but have now turned into a midtable team. There was also talk of Gary Neville taking over as manager after the takeover but that never happened and he retired from the game :(

I know this is not exactly what the thread is about, but I thought it would be interesting nonetheless.

This is coming from my Chelsea save - myself, as Chelsea, was taken over by a business consortium.

In Dec 2026 the following takeovers has happened (since the start of the game - July 2009 - up untill now)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPL:

Consortiums: Man Utd, Arsenal, West Brom, Aston Villa, QPR, Sheffield United, Portsmouth, Everton and Newcastle(twice actually).

Fans trust: Reading.

Tycoons: Liverpool, West Ham (as well as a consortium takeover earlier on), Sheffield Wednesday.

Serie A:

Consortiums: Udinese, Genoa, Juventus, Atlanta, Palermo, Ascoli, , Sampdoria.

Fans trust:

Tycoons: Reggina, Inter Milan, Brescia.

newcastle got a tycoon take over on my save but hired rafa as manager

What a way to ruin a great chance to add to a club's history... :p

I'm sure I read on here about a guy who took over a BSS/BSN team and one of the teams down there had been taken over by a billionaire and were spending ridiculous amounts considering where they were.

Bury City and Worthing FC got Tycoon takeovers on my old save.

Both promtly got many promotions but Bury ended up languishing in the Championship and When i stopped on the save Worthing (who started in the 8th Tier had had continuos league wins to League 2

on my liverpool save, man united got taken over by a jamaican tycoon and invested heavily into them, and all i got was sum poor guy who thankfully has reduced how much i have to pay out every month in debts

On my FC Brussels (Belgian Second Division) save my board got taken over by a wealthy Russian in the third season. He pumped 40M or something close to that in the team and I was the third richest club in Belgium after that.

In my former save, I got taken over by a consortium as Bath City in the BSP. Sadly they only injected 350k into the club and I didn't get to see a penny of those.

But it was still surprising to me :)

I had my Reading team taken over in the first/second season. Previous chairman was quite wealthy and provided secure financial backing. Then a fan's trust came in and took over and they know NOTHING about business! Despite having only £6M in the bank they are offering me upwards of £40M transfer budgets and £1.5M wages.

Had a cheeky look on Genie Scout to find out what was going on, and they have something like 2 for business and 3 for resources! I am now praying for another take-over so I don't have to keep selling to keep the club afloat. I am challenging for europe, but they don't seem to be able to take advantage of that in terms of marketing etc. Very annoyed... Come back Sir John Madjeski, all is forgiven!

I just realised Luis Figo took over Inter Milan...maybe not such a weird thing as he's on the board/committee but still strange too see.

I am manager of Inter at the minute 4 seasons into the game and Figo is chairman having taken over from Moratti last year.

Both promtly got many promotions but Bury ended up languishing in the Championship and When i stopped on the save Worthing (who started in the 8th Tier had had continuos league wins to League 2

go on worthing!! :D

There only been loads of takeovers, but ones for the smaller clubs seem to have not too much money on them.

What happens when tycoons buy clubs ? load it with debt ? I am sure that reading some where that some people didn't want them at the club. Also do rich owners leave clubs ? just thinking of man city because there doing my head in with buying half of the transfer market every damm summer, always seem to be after my best players grrrrr. would love to see them crash and burn.

Everton had a tycoon takeover in the summer before the 3rd season on my last save. They were instantly made title favourites, but Moyes only spent £9m on an average right back and they finished 11th. He then took another 2 years to spend any more of their cash and they finished 8th and 6th before he did. Why they didn't sack him I'll never know.

I signed for Brunschweig on German 3rd tier. After one day at the club, club started a takeover so I couldn't sign any player, just two weeks later I was fired because they bringed in their own manager....

Crazy!

Edwin van der Sar took over a club languishing near the bottom in Portugal - I've forgotten the name, but it was interesting to see. Not sure why he chose the Portuguese league as a place to become a chairman...

In my current save, my Exeter City were taken over by a Supporters Trust. The previous board were OK by me; gave me decent money for League 2 standards and were generally receptive to most of my suggestions. The Supporters Trust took over and almost bankrupted us despite giving me no money to spend and a pittence to pay players.

I bet Worthing want a tycoon to take over in real life!!

I saw Redditch get a tycoon on fm08 or 09 and they then hired gary lewin as physio i took over and had 3m to spend and a 250k wage budget but average bsn players wanted 2k plus a week and players from leagues above didnt want to join me

Im with Leeds Utd from the start and im now in 2026/27. I was taken over by a brazilian tycoon

about 8 seasons ago. He ploughs about 25 million plus every 3 months, i get a transfer budget of about 50 million every season but don't spend much off it lately due to high spending alot for about 4 seasons on youth players so got a good young team

I am playing as workington and I think I got taken over by a fan's trust somewhere in my 3rd season or so when I am in the BSP. The new chairman is just as broke so there is no funds injection whatsoever. I can't really tell the diff between the old chairman and the new one because none of them gave my any transfer budget. If I am not wrong my transfer budget is close to 0 all the way til L1. Where I got like 100k and CCC which I got 800k.

However when I reached premier league, I got 28mil transfer budget in my 1st season and 48mil in my 2nd season. And thats for simply avoiding relegation.

southampton are the BIG spenders in my villa save after 7 seasons.........they just bought an ageing dzeko and ash young off me for a combined 58 million in one close season.....sad to see the legend that is dzeko leave but 30 mill is too much to reject for someone of that age

in mine Wolves got taken over by a thai tycoon and are now one of the best teams in europe, only Man City come close to them in terms of transfer spending. Combined the 2 clubs spend about 200m a season, almost every player who's even half decent or shows an ouce on promise is on the books at one of the two clubs.

Archived