Irish champs or League Championship?

Howdy!

I'm currently managing Bohemians. Since I took over, we are unbeatable (YAY!)

However, I have players that want to move to clubs in League One and Championship in England as opposed to staying with my club where we have Champion's League football every season (and made it to the group stage the last two seasons with FAT paychecks!). So we are pretty successful in Europe.

Question 1: Would you choose a team with a guaranteed Euro run each season or League 1 or Championship side that doesn't see any Euro action?

Question 2: Shouldn't a club with my Euro success be more attractive than a League 1 or Championship side?

Howdy!

However, I have players that want to move to clubs in League One and Championship in England as opposed to staying with my club where we have Champion's League football every season (and made it to the group stage the last two seasons with FAT paychecks!). So we are pretty successful in Europe.

Question 1: Would you choose a team with a guaranteed Euro run each season or League 1 or Championship side that doesn't see any Euro action?

Question 2: Shouldn't a club with my Euro success be more attractive than a League 1 or Championship side?

Yay! Congratulations!

/long reply thst wont have anything to offer this thread.

You will always lose players to the premiershigm Ireland is hardly Football Mecca.

Use that to your advantage or get a better job.

Howdy!

The answer really to both questions is due to League Reputation. I understand that you are in Europe year on year but the irish leagues don't have the reputation of the English leagues. I managed to prove this with the amount of players signed from Irish clubs when I was in the BSP. I could sign League 1 quality players while there because they wanted to play in the english leagues.

Enough of the Britain stuff. Ireland is NOT part of Britain, and the league is a higher quality than Wales imo. I definitely see where you're coming from, SI should look into this.

I wasn't referring to Bohemians.

Yeah and i'm pretty sure the Original Poster did not mention once anything to do with N. Ireland. Bohemians is in the republic so why even mention N. Ireland? Anyways who cares.

I'm Irish and i know that the Airtricity league is a pile of Kack even compared to League 1 and Championship football in England so i would personally move to a League 1 side over Bohs', no offence inted to OP.

I think the problem is that their is no dynamic league rep. There is a thread that explains it but basically no matter how well a club team does the league won't increase. If an Irish League team won the Ch Lg ten years in a row in Fm the Lg rep will still not increase. Therefore players want to leave to teams in leagues with bigger reps.

I think the problem is that their is no dynamic league rep. There is a thread that explains it but basically no matter how well a club team does the league won't increase. If an Irish League team won the Ch Lg ten years in a row in Fm the Lg rep will still not increase. Therefore players want to leave to teams in leagues with bigger reps.

League rep isnt normally based on 1 or 2 clubs, look at Scotland, Rangers and Celtic are both half decent clubs but suffer getting players due to the lack of decent teams in Scotland, the only sure way of increasing league rep would be for a group of clubs (about 10) in that league to start doing really well, and for the league to get money, ie Sky for the prem

League rep isnt normally based on 1 or 2 clubs, look at Scotland, Rangers and Celtic are both half decent clubs but suffer getting players due to the lack of decent teams in Scotland, the only sure way of increasing league rep would be for a group of clubs (about 10) in that league to start doing really well, and for the league to get money, ie Sky for the prem

If a team won 10 Ch Lg in a row it shouldn't matter what the rep of the other teams are like. The team thats wins the ten Ch LG would not be held back by the quality of the other teams.

Obviously this is all theoretical as it would be very unlikely for a team from a low level league from ever winning the Ch Lg.

As far as i'm aware the Lg rep never changes in FM, it is a fixed number.

If a team won 10 Ch Lg in a row it shouldn't matter what the rep of the other teams are like. The team thats wins the ten Ch LG would not be held back by the quality of the other teams.

Obviously this is all theoretical as it would be very unlikely for a team from a low level league from ever winning the Ch Lg.

As far as i'm aware the Lg rep never changes in FM, it is a fixed number.

lol its unlikely but even if a crap team still did well in the champ league, players would still be drawn to the big leagues, Lyon for example were winning the league ever season but lost players to Spain and England, same with Ajax when they won the champ league.

I think its very hard for a league to change its whole reputation, even though Inter have won the champ league no one will put Italy ahead of Spain and England, as for the way FM does it I dont know that side of the game, but wouldnt the uefa coefficients have something to do with it.

Im currently managing in Holland and my players get poached from all angles, but irl most prem teams can poach pretty much any dutch league player, there are a few exceptions.

Look at Porto under Mourinho. Win the Champions league and some of their players move to the bigger leagues in Europe. It's just the way football seems to work tbh, and at least it gives you a chance to develop some more good Irish talent. (Ireland for the 2080 world cup?)

Sometimes the big players stay with the little teams e.g. Nottingham Forest with Brian Clough.

hmmmm.

The only 2 really 'big' players they had were Shilton and maybe Trevor Francis. They both left a year after they won the European Cup.

So maybe not.

The Mourinho, Lyon and Ajax shouts above sum this one up for me.

Look at Porto under Mourinho. Win the Champions league and some of their players move to the bigger leagues in Europe. It's just the way football seems to work tbh, and at least it gives you a chance to develop some more good Irish talent. (Ireland for the 2080 world cup?)

As a contrast, look at how many players are now going to Russia and Ukraine to play football. It's an interesting example of the opposite.

One could also look at England for an example - 10 years ago, Serie A was far stronger than England, and stronger than Spain, now it's a little bit behind both in all probability (Inter's Champions League aside) indicating a shift. It's not at all certain that it won't shift back of course.

Bloody hard to model though, and while I would love it, not sure if it would effect enough of the consumer base to make it a priority.

I am also in a similar position as the OP in my current save. I have revamped the Scottish leagues and taken control of my home team Wishaw who have a rep of 600 at the start. I have taken them from the 3rd division all the way to the SPL. I have won 4/5 cups the league once and gotten to a Euro league final (was beaten) and a Euro leagu semi final. I also consistently finish 2nd pretty much every time, except the time i won it obviously.

I still suffer the same problem as the OP as soon as a semi decent club bids for one of my players they want to leave, even though i am on pretty much all of their favoured personell list. I can understand if it is Man u, Liverpool, Barca or someone with a pretty good rep. yet even if it some eastern european nobody they all still get upset if they cant go there.

I think SI needs to implement dynamic league rep or a better way for club rep to be improved so that if you are successful you can hang on to your players a bit easier.

I agree that one teams success should alter the league rep by a lot but i think it would at least increase it slightly i believe.

I think SI needs to implement dynamic league rep or a better way for club rep to be improved so that if you are successful you can hang on to your players a bit easier.

I agree that one teams success should alter the league rep by a lot but i think it would at least increase it slightly i believe.

Equally, the manager's rep should count for something, too. I pushed a nothing club up to heights the club never dreamed, and I took my current squad to three time cup champs, three time league champs, etc.

For example, the idea of playing at ManU is part of the attraction, but Fergie makes up the rest of the attraction for players. If you have a combination of several strong performances and a strong manager, the players should be dying to play for the club.

Just mho

Archived