Non-cheat FMRTE edits.

Do thet even exist?

I got the idea when Klinsmann spewed praise over my regen striker after EVERY game he played in, with siad regen commenting back he got bored with Klinsmanns comments.

I now want to edit Jürgen to make him 666 years old, and hence retire and stop spamming my inbox, but this is my "no cheat whatsoever" save... So I'll guess I just have to bare with the german spam.

But to the real point of the thread:

Is it ok to add rival teams with FMRTE?

It wont benefit me in any way more then the astethics that I, for no reason other then being "a red", hate Everton.

Conclution: Is it ok to edit rival teams with FMRTE to suit "your" preferences?

I know "it's my game I paid for it" and all that, I just want another non-cheater opinion :)

Using FMRTE is cheating. But I do believe one can use FMRTE whenever he wants because this is his game but one should not brag/show off records and achievements etc. from that edited game in forums.

This is my opinion.

Im with you on that Arijit. Once a save has had a touch of FMRTE it's "tainted".

But where do we draw the line?

As I said, adding Everton as a rivial has no other purpose besides then my own satisfaction. Is it still cheating?

(I honestly know it is, Im just bored and want to start a good/constructive thread)

I know it is, but is there any leeway for adding rivals?

I really wont want to taint this save. (never even tought of loaded FMRTE)

I guess that I'll have to live with knowing that I detest Everton IRL. (Gotta love football rivalry)

I can see where you are coming from and as you said it really is up to you in the end but would you just stop at adding rivalries. It is highly likely you might decide to change something else that you consider cosmetic and use the excuse that it is not really cheating when it is.

I feel for you though as in my current game i am in a long term save having taken a team from the Scottish 3rd division all the way to spl champions and a european final and still cant attract crowds of more than a few thousand. I admit i have been tempted to change the Average attendance using FMRTE but have thus far managed to resist it.

I feel that as soon as you use FMRTE even if is for something purely cosmetic like you want to do your save will still feel tainted.

Iäve decidet not to use FMRTE to edit club rivalries.

I can live with the fact that "my" club doesn't "hate" Neverton.

I feel your pain fuzz. My afc liverpool is on a borrowed stadium with 4400 as a max, I really really want a new stadium :)

Im with you here Carradona.

I use fmrt to add a rival team i.e. Dont use it to edit stats though.

Might use it to check up on a potential signing now and then. I know its cheating, but im only cheating myself. So who cares?

Also use LNC files to rename my pretty new stadium and so on :)

Its your game, use it how you want!

Using FMRTE is cheating. But I do believe one can use FMRTE whenever he wants because this is his game but one should not brag/show off records and achievements etc. from that edited game in forums.

This is my opinion.

and you would be wrong;)

I use it to keep up with current events:thup:

in my current game villa is now at barca:D

to use it for things like that is not cheating:rolleyes:............I have always advocated a real time editor to keep track with real life as much as possible

not just players

clubs like pompy finances etc etc etc

fmrte is a super idea but I wish it could do more...transfer staff/add injuries

I for one dont use it to CHEAT..........anyone who does is just deluding themselves

Agreed KingRobbo. I most often use it to have a fiddle with kits. It gets boring having the same colours for so many seasons. I like designing new (and usually hideously revolting) away kits.

If it doesnt do something like heal your entire team, or create a super regen, or destroy your opposition, then I don't see how it can be called cheating.

I've used it in the past to change away kits every two seasons or so just to make it a bit more interesting. The only other reason is to delete the fact that when you leave a club you are on their 'hated' list, even if you have overachieved season after season (at least it has in the two times I've checked).

Basically it's not cheating as such, but I wouldn't enter any challenges or records with an edited save, no matter how trivial, because then the balance of fairness is changed with other players, as they haven't the same data as you. I wouldn't see it cheating in a single player game though, unless you start editing thing like reputation, finances etc.

EDIT: Basically exactly what sporadicsmiles said!

I really dont see that as cheating, not matter what you use i dont class anything as cheating unless you gain yourself an advantage, even the slightest one as that covers mainly all features of FMRTE, but to add another team as your rival thats not cheating IMO.

Agreed KingRobbo. I most often use it to have a fiddle with kits. It gets boring having the same colours for so many seasons. I like designing new (and usually hideously revolting) away kits.

If it doesnt do something like heal your entire team, or create a super regen, or destroy your opposition, then I don't see how it can be called cheating.

I also like to do stuff like this.

i use FMRTE for two things only which ive never had one person give me a valid reason why its cheating:

1) i change my managers Date of Birth to my real one (year)

2) change the colour of my away kit as we would never keep the same colour kits for 10+ seasons.

If using FMRTE for 'purist needs' sullys the game then why is adding yourself as a manager any different. That's not real either. Or perhaps all the people who've added facepacks, authentic kits. Maybe they have dirtied their game to.

Using FMRTE is not necessarily cheating. Imagine if you criticised someone for wearing glasses so he could see the cards during a game of poker. Would you criticise his use of outside help to make things btter? It's only 'cheating' if you actually cheat using it. Putting Everton as rivals of Liverpool is not cheating but giving your all your players 200PA is.

But at the end of the day, as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's just an unreal AI simulation. Whatever you do doesn't make it more valid. If someone 'cheats' all it means is that the games are no longer directly comparable. Will people getdown off their moral high horse and realise that this game is here for people's enjoyment. It's not a religion to be mercilessly followed and it is frustrating how many people try to drag down other people's enjoyment of the game by making their game inferior.Some of you are as bad as the 'cheats' you lambast.

And this as someone who doesn't 'cheat'.

Using FMRTE isn't always cheating, it can be just used to make the game authentic.

For example, I use it when I promote clubs up a few divisions to change the club rivalries to rivalries which would undoubtedly have formed now the club is playing local sides it never did before.

Using FMRTE isn't always cheating, it can be just used to make the game authentic.

For example, I use it when I promote clubs up a few divisions to change the club rivalries to rivalries which would undoubtedly have formed now the club is playing local sides it never did be

I agree with you. Until FM gets some sort of dynamic rivalries system, this is the only way to get rival matches back after you climb the leagues.

Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal all list each other as some form of rival simply because they each compete for the league title of a period of time and have history. I don't think it is too unrealistic to add new rivals to a club after you have done the same for several seasons (several being the key word).

The only problem I see is that I do not ever remember losing a rival match, so maybe it could make those games too easy.

I used it to make Rooney and Evra better in the air, as they are really bouncy in real life. I gave them 1 or 2 points extra in jumping. I don't consider this cheating as I found them a little underrated in the game.

Encarta Dictionary defines cheat as "to break the rules in a game, examination, or contest, in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage". This means that not only the 'gain an unfair advantage' part needs to be met (which it does), there has to be 'breaking the rules' as well.

There isn't any way to cheat in the game because there aren't any rules, anybody can play the game so they wish. For example, if one edits the league table to make their team champions, it's cheating for the league because that would be violating the rules of the league (at least in real life). But it doesn't violate the rules of the game, until it is so mentioned.

The only way it follows the definition of 'cheat' is by following the Free Online Dictionary's definition: " A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game." But that would make using FMRTE cheating by definition, since the intent of FMRTE is to edit, and defining editing in this case as cheating is the easy way out for 'anti-FMRTE-ers'.

Otherwise, using FMRTE does not follow common definitions of 'cheat' and thus is not cheating. The only person you cheat using FMRTE is yourself, but hey, some people like that.

The only problem I see is that I do not ever remember losing a rival match, so maybe it could make those games too easy.

I have lost several matches vs my edited rivals. And has its own charm i think.

And its twice the fun to beat them in a cup run and so on.

Only thing ive noticed is that i seem to "draw" them more often i cups and so on.

Not seen any/many results favorable to me.

If using FMRTE for 'purist needs' sullys the game then why is adding yourself as a manager any different. That's not real either. Or perhaps all the people who've added facepacks, authentic kits. Maybe they have dirtied their game to.

Using FMRTE is not necessarily cheating. Imagine if you criticised someone for wearing glasses so he could see the cards during a game of poker. Would you criticise his use of outside help to make things btter? It's only 'cheating' if you actually cheat using it. Putting Everton as rivals of Liverpool is not cheating but giving your all your players 200PA is.

But at the end of the day, as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's just an unreal AI simulation. Whatever you do doesn't make it more valid. If someone 'cheats' all it means is that the games are no longer directly comparable. Will people getdown off their moral high horse and realise that this game is here for people's enjoyment. It's not a religion to be mercilessly followed and it is frustrating how many people try to drag down other people's enjoyment of the game by making their game inferior.Some of you are as bad as the 'cheats' you lambast.

And this as someone who doesn't 'cheat'.

LOL! That is what I always do; I buy crap players and make them superstars overnight! Haaa the glory of FMRTE! :D

Anyway, back to the topic. Any FORM of use of FMRTE or even the official editor that comes with the game taints your game; no matter how one uses it. It also bars you from posting NEW threads on LLM forum as well! If you want to play the game in a very pure elitist manner, then one should not use the editor for whatsoever reason at all!

But if you just want to play the game for fun and don't care about the rigid rules of an LLM player (that goes for the majority of us by the way! :D), then by all means use the editor to your hearts content! :D

I agree with Blanchflower1's comment.

The LLM forum scares me, I went in there once and they were mean, so I never went back. I felt like Julia Roberts character in Pretty Women, when she goes into the designer shop the first time.

I agree with Blanchflower1's comment.

The LLM forum scares me, I went in there once and they were mean, so I never went back. I felt like Julia Roberts character in Pretty Women, when she goes into the designer shop the first time.

Well, it is alright stepping into the unknown but when you start posting NEW threads, then you better know what will be in store for you! They will come down hard on you big time! :D

But it is OK to post on existing threads there. In fact I have done so in the past but I never dared started a NEW thread there!

I guess my reputation here speaks for itself! LOL! :D

I do that, I get really annoyed seeing the same kits year in year out, especially as a toon fan I have to see that damn yellow thing every away game for as long as I'm at the club :D

Its the same when you get downloaded kits like ones that have been made for the coming season. You see the new kits in game but when you play a game it keeps the colours from the old kits so you need either FMRTE or the editor to change the teams colours at the start of the game

This is my opinion.

No it's not all the time, it depends what you use it for, if you use it to make your average striker better than Rooney then yes it's cheating.

I however have used it to add realism, I use it for one purpose, to change my teams kit every two years, is this cheating?

Also I would consider using it to add rivals, as IRL a team can gain rivals over time due to games played against them (Colchester and Wycombe, or Norwich and Wolves spring to mind).

Would you say either of these scenarios is cheating? As I wouldn't one little bit.

I personally use it too make long saves harder for me, as well as spicing things up like altering some league reps or making some low unknown team stupidly rich and see how long it takes the AI to actually do something with the new found wealth

Not always cheating...

1) Make things difficult for yourself (i.e. boost opposition managers, knock your finances down)

2) Things that are essentially harmless (changing your kit colours so you get a colour scheme change, I do that every now and then because my team's colours get boring after a while)

All these points in support of FMRTE are true but I don't think in that way, and it's my personal view about FMRTE and FM.

Once a game is loaded in FMRTE, that game is marked as cheat-game.

On the other hand, I'm not against of using FMRTE because I also use it in some games. What I'm against is some one should not claim/brag/show-off his feats/achievements in public communities after using FMRTE.

What I'm against is some one should not claim/brag/show-off his feats/achievements in public communities after using FMRTE.

i dont know why this bothers people. what difference does it make to anyone else? Personally couldnt care if everyone on here whos won the champions league with a team who starts in the Blue Square North used the corner exploit, genie scout, and fmrte it doesnt affect my save game, its not like we define our lifes by how sucessful we are at fm its only a game

the exception would be if you are posting a tactic on here and claiming amazing results with it when youve cheated, that would be misleading for people looking to download a good system.

Good god...

Using FMRTE is cheating only if you get direct advantage from the modifications you make.

Having LFC and Everton as rival teams isn't cheating, it's just fixing something that wasn't in the game

Changing teams shirts/colours isn't cheating, it's a cosmetic tweak

Altering a newgen's name isn't cheating

And so on...

Actually I don't even consider cheating when a modification gives you an advantage but it's a retaliation to an AI flaw.

E.g. Once I had two games scheduled with just one day of break [09.30 and 10.02 or someting similar]... Of course I lost the second one as my players were exhausted... Had I used FMRTE to "heal" my squad it wouldn't have been cheating. Not much more than the game was "cheating" itself with the absurd fixture.

Or the time when a player on a studying break got mad at me because I didn't include him in the European Cup squad list... He's UNAVAILABLE until the end of the year, so it makes no sense he wants to be part of the list.

Unhappiness and dislike removed, as it shouldn't have been there to begin with.

Then on the other hand I do agree tampering with CA/PA, attributes, contract, transfers and whatnot IS cheating.

Stiil as long as people keep their yap shut about their success, achieved via massive editing, I don't have any problem if some like to have a 190CA striker and £100M in the bank at their Blue Square team.

All these points in support of FMRTE are true but I don't think in that way, and it's my personal view about FMRTE and FM.

Once a game is loaded in FMRTE, that game is marked as cheat-game.

On the other hand, I'm not against of using FMRTE because I also use it in some games. What I'm against is some one should not claim/brag/show-off his feats/achievements in public communities after using FMRTE.

If somebody only uses FMRTE to change kit colours and dont look at any players or their own squad in the data base then its fine.

If they happen to win the Champions League with a Blue Square team and its all by their own doing without using FMRTE to find players/heal/demoralise/moral boost/make wonderkids, then its fine. They CAN come and brag about it, because they HAVEN'T cheated.

You cant say this person has cheated because he/she loaded up FMRTE to give their team a few new away kits now and again.

Any use of FMRTE is cheating.

Yes...like when I found a player in my game playing for a US second-division side that had 19's in almost every technical stat; FMRTE listed him as 200 PA/-6 CA. Dropped it down to 85/-6 (and halved most of the attributes) before going into the DB and fixing it there for my next game.

...Guess that makes a cheater?

yes...like when i found a player in my game playing for a us second-division side that had 19's in almost every technical stat; fmrte listed him as 200 pa/-6 ca. Dropped it down to 85/-6 (and halved most of the attributes) before going into the db and fixing it there for my next game.

...guess that makes a cheater?

-6 ca?

Thinking about using FMRTE to add Man City to my rival teams. We always play eachother in finals and the bastards always steal my promising regens away from me. Can't stand them, I always talk down on their manager =X

I also use the editor often to change kit colours every season

I don't care if it's considered "cheating" (how is it, anyway??), but I'm still doing it.

if his PA is -6 how can his CA be 200?

If the CA number is entered higher in the DB than the PA one, the attributes will reflect the player's CA. I happened to check on the US team and noticed a player I'd never heard of before, and sure enough his attributes were world-class, despite him playing in the US second division. Curious, I opened up FMRTE and checked the player out: 200 CA, -6 PA. I fixed it in-game, then went and fixed it in the DB for my next game.

Archived