Asking and answering questions about FM in Real Time in your IM

I have discovered that our community did not have a group at vark.com and I decide to create an unofficial FM group at vark.com for Football Manager Fans - for us guys!! The goal is to make real time Q&A possible for us in parallel with traditional form of conversation - SI Community Forum.

Vark.com is real time Q&A service acquired by Google recently. By joining this Group you will be able to get answers on any of your questions about FM in minutes!! … from people who joined this group or any other FM fan who registered on this service.

Here is the link for our group: http://vark.com/g/2472a6

What you need to do:

1. Click on the link above, sign up, and join the group

2. (optionally) add vark.com to you Instant Massinger (GTalk, AIM, etc) to be able send questions and receive answers real time vie your IM

3. Add ‘Football Manager’ as a topic that describes your area of expertise in your Profile.

Hope you’ll like it and thanks for joining.

P.S. Sorry for my not perfect English, I am from Ukraine

great finding! I don't know how many people will be online but I'll give it a try. :thup:

Thanks for tying! Can't see you at the group. If you signed up then try link above again and click 'connect' (be signed in). You should see yourself as a member of a group on ‘network’ page.

Hope will see some crowd online. Vark.com can send questions to any expert in Football Manager in the system, not only to member of this group, but the group will be prioritized.

Wrong forum- I will move this to the Fansites forum

@FrazT, it is not exactly fansite. I do not own it and do not moderate (on vark.com groups you can be only a usual member, and nobody have additional rights like deleting, banning etc.). Yes, it is located not on SI site, but it is not a site about FM, it is an web-App!! Different thing.

Also important that SI's 'Fansites forum' is not as popular as 'general forum' and it mean that less FM crowd will see this post. I’ll trying to join as many FM funs as possible, and you can help my by making this post sticky in general forum.

P.S. Pls, do not look on it as competitive site, or promotional post, I am a fun of FM game as many people here and just want make it possible to ask questions about FM in real time in really good web-app as vark.com is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodControl

for us gays!!

........................... :eek:

I mean 'guys', all guys not only gays. :D Sorry for mistake (corrected). :D

It's still a site to do with FM, so that's why it's in the fansites area.

Everyone that runs a site would love more exposure in the "General" forum, but we're not allowed. No exceptions ;)

It is a web-app for IM (Instant Massenger), not site. The site vark.com is only for regestration and adding this app to your IM. It is like a Skype: yes, you need to go first on skype.com site to sign up and start using Skype app. But do you think that Skype is a site?

And I am not runs the site.

Doesn't matter who runs the site.

Others have created apps for iphones, facebook and other IM solutions for FM and they have all followed the rules by advertising here instead of other FM forums on this site.

I understand what you are saying about it not being a site (even though you must visit an external site and sign up there - which you have to do for sites advertised here btw ;)) but it's also not a topic or general discussion about Football Manager itself.

It boils down to you wanting others to visit a site to sign up for something that allows you to discuss Football Manager away from this forum which means it makes more sense to have it in this forum rather than the General Discussion forum :)

It boils down to you wanting others to visit a site to sign up for something that allows you to discuss Football Manager away from this forum which means it makes more sense to have it in this forum rather than the General Discussion forum :)

Taking visitors away from your forum is not the goal in itself. I think that FM fans will benefit from different alternative in communications (not just another one forum, but different communicational channel). Existing strong alternative will increase communications in FM community, interest to the game and of course sales of SI Company.

But if you (and other moderators) personally earn your benefits/money from numbers of visitors on this site, you might be not very interested in alternatives (even if they useful for community). All you need is just concentrate community on single site. And it is explain very well why you have that rules you talking about. In fact, that doing this way, you keep visitors on this site in prejudice of end users interests and sales of SI Company.

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant in the sentence you quoted. I was meaning that what you were doing and what other administrators of websites were doing is the same thing - it's providing a link to an external website that has something to do with Football Manager.

That's why the topic ended up in here. :thup:

No, not blackmail, I am just litle bit angry that moderators do not understand me. Maby they think that I am a webmaster who want promote his website here. Can't understend it. Try to ask some questions (about FM or not) in Vark.com and you'll understend me how innovative and usefull that service can be for us. I just want FM community not to refuse from good new things because of 'rules of the forum'.` We building our communications around old platform and do not promote users to go and try something new. I want that moderator just try Vark, and if they will still think that we do not need it, than ok, I will not asking againe.

P.S. Official FM website has twitter and facebook buttons on main page (I do not think that they a very popular for our community), but Google has vark.com (what is exectly we need, IMHO!!) WHY WE DO NOT USE IT as Facebook and Twitter?

Archived