Transfer budget trick/bug?

So i started a season with Man Utd. The summer of the next year i saved just before the date when Newgens/Regens are created which also happens to be the date the club give you your expectations for next season along with your Transfer budget.

I noticed that i had quite a bit of transfer money just sitting there unspent but left the slider (In Board Room Screen) where it was with a 1.4Mil Wage bidget and about 30m Transfer budget.

When i get my expectations i am given a 1.4Mil wage budget and 40Mil Transfer budget. Anyway i reload to my save the previous day because all my regens were the biggest pile of potatoe headed rejects ever and i was hoping for some decent talent to train into the future.

I then fiddled with the Wage/Transfer slider and moved it all the way accross to wages giving me 1.8Mil and about 6Mil in transfer left, i hit continue and lo' and behold for the next season they let me keep my 1.8Mil in wages and give me about 52 Million in Transfer money.

I tried it over a few times to confirm it wasn't a fluke and it confirmed what originally happened.

So if you want more money next season just throw your slider over all the way to wages the day before your given Season expectations.

Bug? Trick? Reasonable explanation that my tiny brain couldn't think of?

I'd never reload the creation of my regens as it is cheating and tarnishes your achievements.

Don't remember asking for your opinion about how i play the game but thanks ;) i'll file that under my "don't give a ****" pile and deal with it later.

Don't remember asking for your opinion about how i play the game but thanks ;) i'll file that under my "don't give a ****" pile and deal with it later.

no need for that mate, hes just saying he wouldnt do it

and if you didnt ask for peoples opinions why would you post it in a public forum?

no need for that mate, hes just saying he wouldnt do it

and if you didnt ask for peoples opinions why would you post it in a public forum?

Because this has nothing to do with how someone plays it's own game. This thread is about transfer trick/bug.

Nice spot Fawkon - pretty sure you have struck 'gold' my son!!! I never seen anyone see this before - will have to give this a try some time.

And yeah the OP is just sharing something which is pretty cool - never been see on these frums before. He did not ask for people's opinions - everyone plays the game out of enjoyment! ;)

Who is he cheating anyway? The AI? Because I'm pretty sure they don't give a damn. It's not like he came on to say how much better than you he is. He shared a neat idea and I'm grateful for it (well I would be if my team had a transfer budget.

At the end of the day it is still a computer simulation. Doing things that happen in real life don't make it any more valid and doing things that you can't do in real life don't make it any less valid. It is, by its nature, unreal (I'm guessing your not actually manager of Man U or whomsoever). All it means ("cheating") is that the two can't be compared side-by-side. But he's not trying to do that, so will the moral police please keep some perspective.

Who is he cheating anyway? The AI? Because I'm pretty sure they don't give a damn. It's not like he came on to say how much better than you he is. He shared a neat idea and I'm grateful for it (well I would be if my team had a transfer budget.

At the end of the day it is still a computer simulation. Doing things that happen in real life don't make it any more valid and doing things that you can't do in real life don't make it any less valid. It is, by its nature, unreal (I'm guessing your not actually manager of Man U or whomsoever). All it means ("cheating") is that the two can't be compared side-by-side. But he's not trying to do that, so will the moral police please keep some perspective.

and the day he comes bragging on the forums about the "great" regen he has the reaction will be:

"i'll file that under my "don't give a ****" pile and deal with it later" ;)

I have been doing that for a while, in fact I always convert my transfer funds to wages, as you can always slide them back at a later date and the confidence screen tracks wage bill, but not unspent transfer funds.

What you have to be wary of is using the wage bill, the game doesn't actually generate any more money for the club with this trick, it just gives a bigger portion to the player to spend. If you suddenly start using the full wage bill and transfer fund it is possible to push the club into debt.

Very good spot :) And you are sure that this is both with the same level of expectations?

If that turns out not to be coincidence then I'd rather class that as a bug than as something clever which people could have thought of earlier. Still, yof course the money has to come from somewhere and staying within your given budgets nowadays in FM means by no means that you won't go bankrupt...

I have been doing that for a while, in fact I always convert my transfer funds to wages, as you can always slide them back at a later date and the confidence screen tracks wage bill, but not unspent transfer funds.

Very nice thought as well :) Never looked at it that way. :thup:

This trick/bug probably applies more/is more useful to clubs that are very hard to run into the ground e.g Chelsea or Man Utd.

Btw i am fairly terrible at this game and i dont care :D so the day you see me on this forum bragging about my Regen or How i took Potoatoe Heads Utd from the Chinese league to the Premier League (I know not physically possible called over exageration(sp?)) is the day i no longer go outside on a regular basis :p.

Also guys try it out and see if you can prove if this really does work for other people or whether what happened is a once off. Save the game on i think 23rd July i think (Well whichever date the regens appear, save the the day before. Leave your bar the way it is in board room then press continue. Now for guys who are playing a legit game and don't wanna cheat or edit in anyway all you gotta do is save the game after the regens are made and go back to that save after you've tested this bug/trick a few times by loading to the 23rd July and messed around with wages slider.

How to make friends and influence people by Fawkon.

Nice, I can see you're going to get on just great here :rolleyes:

How to make friends and influence people by Fawkon.

Nice, I can see you're going to get on just great here :rolleyes:

Hahah will you be my friend :D, I'll teach you how to be nice on de interwebs duuuh.... :D

Speaking of little strange transfer quirks. I manage a League Two club.

I've noticed that I can often sign a group of young players who have been released by PL clubs and immediately one or two will be worth £150k (a big deal for my club) and it's almost always Welsh Premier LEague sides who buy them a few months later.

Am I just doing well finding these lads, or is it a bit of a quirk?

Speaking of little strange transfer quirks. I manage a League Two club.

I've noticed that I can often sign a group of young players who have been released by PL clubs and immediately one or two will be worth £150k (a big deal for my club) and it's almost always Welsh Premier LEague sides who buy them a few months later.

Am I just doing well finding these lads, or is it a bit of a quirk?

I'd say it's a bit of both bud', normally if i sign released players i can sell them on to some poor blyther who hasn't copped on that their absolute kack, usually they are so kack tho' that i'm lucky to get 100K for them. Also you need to hold onto them for a season before they will be willing to leave again.

I actually just fooled myself the opposite way.

Had 90m to spend on annual wages for ManU while I was actually paying 68m and had around 20m left in the transfer kitty by April/May.

I wanted to sign the regen superstar striker from my previous club and was ready to spend on him whatever was needed. That happened to be a figure of 40m plus another 46m on 4 years instalments, so I had to set the wage budget down to what I was in fact paying.

Now the next season has started and while my beloved striker arrived, the board wouldn't increase my wage budget back to any higher level than the one I was at which made even renewing contracts a mess. :(

Archived