Terrible takeover!

So I'm busy managing Tamworth in the Championship. Few seasons there, just biding my time, building up funds for the big push to the EPL.

Half way through the season, I get the takeover message. I'm thinking "great" might even give me some more money."

Nope. As soon as the takeover goes through, the Chairman says there's no money available.

Never mind, I think. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Now - I get a really bad offer for my top defender. He's worth 2M at least, and there's no way I want to sell him. Sunderland come in with a 500k offer, and the chairman pops up, saying the offer is too good to refuse. Player sold. Similar thing happens with my top midfielder. Value is 1.5M, offer comes in for 700k. Sold.

Now, I have a good 4M in the bank and have no pressing wage or debt issues.

And now, to make matters worse, he's complaining about my recent lack of results!

How annoying.

Yes this needs looking at for FM11 - in this instance you should be able to tell your chairman to do one!!! I.e. theres no way we can sell this player and progress - what message does this show. If you were in financial difficulty then maybe but in your case - no this is one bad aspect in FM. This happened to be at Barcelona of all clubs - and the bid was only £15m! :(

This is a case where I feel SI has gone with realism over gameplay. It could happen in real life, but it's not fun to play. Should be an option in my opinion, at least how active you want the chairman to be, and how easy/hard it should be to lose your job.

In my Cheltenham game they got tyaken over by a fans group who took out an enormous loan to fund the deal and then promptly cut the wage allowance. They then have the nerve to say I'm over budget when I can't ship contracted players because they conveniently took over just after the deadline passed.

Your name isnt Rafa is it lol

I have to say, even as a Liverpool fan all my life, I lolled so much at this.

@Cageycityfan: Maybe you should have pused for the promotion earlier. The previous charman may not have left then. Besides, it could be something as simple as the new chairman has higher amibtions than the guy that left.

@Cageycityfan: Maybe you should have pused for the promotion earlier. The previous charman may not have left then. Besides, it could be something as simple as the new chairman has higher amibtions than the guy that left.

Higher ambitions? To do what? Sell all my decent players? heh

I get a really bad offer for my top defender. He's worth 2M at least, and there's no way I want to sell him. Sunderland come in with a 500k offer, and the chairman pops up, saying the offer is too good to refuse. Player sold. Similar thing happens with my top midfielder. Value is 1.5M, offer comes in for 700k. Sold.

And now, to make matters worse, he's complaining about my recent lack of results!

How annoying.

I would pull the powercord right there right then.

If the club doesnt risk bankruptcy i want the option to tell that chairman where to stick his opinions :cool:

I agree that this really needs to be toned down, alot

Only if the offer is outrageous [talking about 20-30x the value], or the club is in bad financial times [ie. close to bankrupt within x years], the chairman should never auto accept, I would say this rarely happens IRL in clubs where the manager has control over transfers, outside of the above 2 rules, or if the chairman is greedy and not caring about success

So, for the sake of players sanity, either disable or tone it down... please

So I'm busy managing Tamworth in the Championship. Few seasons there, just biding my time, building up funds for the big push to the EPL.

Half way through the season, I get the takeover message. I'm thinking "great" might even give me some more money."

Nope. As soon as the takeover goes through, the Chairman says there's no money available.

Never mind, I think. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Now - I get a really bad offer for my top defender. He's worth 2M at least, and there's no way I want to sell him. Sunderland come in with a 500k offer, and the chairman pops up, saying the offer is too good to refuse. Player sold. Similar thing happens with my top midfielder. Value is 1.5M, offer comes in for 700k. Sold.

How annoying.

Does the new owner happen to be american?

lol, hahaha.... that is just sick!~

when i read these kind of stories, i wonder how rafa feels with those 2 american clowns.

i dont understand why he hasnt jumped ship already!! have massive respect for him BUT not liverpool. rafa deserves to manage a much better club with solid management with his CV, i like to see him at inter milan.

LOL .. no. Maybe hanging around in the lower leagues wasn't enough for him. Maybe he wanted the huge TV money from the Prem. I know if i was a chairman I'd want it hehe

Since this topic has already gone off topic, I love your board name :p

The chairman have attributes of business and interference if I recall correctly, it seems that the origional poster has got a one with 1 business and 20 interference, when you really need them the other way around.

The bad news is that he will never change enough to make a difference, so, you can try countering with a new contract, but apart from that, you have to either jump ship or put up with it.

Congratulations on getting the might Tamworth to the dizzy heights of the Championship, I think some of us might suffer nose bleeds if we got that high.

Not easy surviving in the Championship with a 9,500 capacity Lamb Ground! It's not even an all-seater O_o

I am amazed you got it up to 9.5k capacity, the car park only holds about 150 cars, it has houses at the back of it an one side and a road the other side.

Bit late in posting but I am practically in the same position as you cageycityfan! I just got Grimsby Town in the Championship, planning my attack on the EPL and my chairmen left, thinking hey ho lets have some money....and nothing. The worst thing is, the guy who took over is a real person and he's like 95 so he has no enthusiasm and is never happy!

9,500 capacity? That's a fortress compared to my 8,000!

I posted a little while ago, saying that 157 seats cost me over 1M. I suppose that would be why! Someone replied that there was plenty of room there, with only 1 side hemmed in by housing.

I used to live a few hundred feet away and get in for free at half time in my youth. I have seen much more hemmed in stadiums, but the actual plot of land is pretty small as is the width of the stands.

thelambs.png

Archived