Is Football Manager Too Easy?

I seem to get bored quite easily when a game just becomes too easy after 6 or 7 seasons and you get ridiculous amounts of transfer budgets it gets broing and easy to achieve success even starting in the lower leagues its reasonably easy to get to the top league whereas irl its incredibly difficult and all the work the whole club has to do to acheive any sort of success is a country mile away from the game.

For me this version is actually too hard :p I am in 4th season and can't win a thing with my Borussia Dortmund. Got pretty decent squad and already lost to Leverkusen and Hoffenheim at home and to Hamburg away. I don't know what to do. that sucks :(

I seem to get bored quite easily when a game just becomes too easy after 6 or 7 seasons and you get ridiculous amounts of transfer budgets it gets broing and easy to achieve success even starting in the lower leagues its reasonably easy to get to the top league whereas irl its incredibly difficult and all the work the whole club has to do to acheive any sort of success is a country mile away from the game.

I'm not saying you do or don't use the following but all can make the game harder.

A) Don't use third party software

B) Don't use exploits

C) When you need staff use the job centre

D) Don't use the player search

E) Don't use players you've heard of in real life or on the forums

F) Use scouts to find players

G) Create your own tactics

For me this version is actually too hard :p I am in 4th season and can't win a thing with my Borussia Dortmund. Got pretty decent squad and already lost to Leverkusen and Hoffenheim at home and to Hamburg away. I don't know what to do. that sucks :(

Similar story here. The only thing I've found easy in this version is getting new jobs and even that is down to not understanding what 'Automatic' manager reputation actually means.

As your Dortmund then at the start it will be quite hard - as Bayern especially have some very good players and have the financial backing.

But what I said above and I think what a few people are saying that once you get a bit further into the save maybe at least 10 seasons then the competition gets much worse because the AI buy poor players and do not build for the future - at the start its not a problem becasue they have good players but in the future when they need to reconstruct the team it sems the AI managers do not have much of a clue!

It is way too easy. Sometimes I feel like I'm struggling until I realise that my "failure" would be regarded as an enormous success if it ever happened in real life.

My main complaint about FM is that you never have to stuggle just to stand still. Improvement is inevitable and trophies are only a matter of when rather than if.

There's always some who find it too easy and some who find it too hard. How on earth could you expect a game played by people with a vast range of abilities to be at a realistic level for all of them? Personally I don't find it too easy at all, although I'm only in my first season. I still have those frustrating runs of poor form that come out of nowhere and where it feels whatever you do makes no difference.

For me the games either too easy or too hard; there is no middle ground. IRL man u r a perfect example, some years go aaamazing, then the next year its pretty average It should feel like a huge acievement to win the league n champo league especially. I saw someone who got into the final like 15 years running! I think once u get on a roll u cant stop, everything just goes amazingly well for seasons on end.

why dont you try teams with just domestic players or a team full of u18s,itll get them jazz hands going.or better still take over man utd and only buy plaayers worth under a million......hehe

The fact that you can reach the EPL and than it's a matter of "when" not "if" just goes to show that the game is too easy.

Why? Sheffield Utd are a strong Championship team, with a big stadium and good fans. It should only be a matter of time before you reach the Prem.

It'd be like me bragging about getting Betis promoted.

By the way I won the Segunda with Betis in my first season!!!!! I'm brilliant.

I dont think its to easy, it took me 3 years to win the Dutch league with Ajax, after that I got 5 in a row, then went to AZ, Im now in my 4th season and cant overtake Ajax and still have problems with the likes of PSV, Feyenoord etc, so my game is pretty enjoyable and no way to easy

Sheffield United are a mid-table championship club who've spent the majority of their existence in the second tier. The fact that promoting them is an inevitablility for any half decent manager shows that the game is too easy.

Looking at the championship in the last few years any team with a good manager and decent run can get promoted or at least the playoffs, ie Blackpool and Burnley.

The championship is a pretty poor quality league most clubs with a few decent signings can make it

Sheffield United are a mid-table championship club who've spent the majority of their existence in the second tier. The fact that promoting them is an inevitablility for any half decent manager shows that the game is too easy.

You do realise they were in the prem a few years ago, yes?

was with you until you said this. But that sentence right there is one of the finest examples of ******** I have ever seen on these forums.

Where were Blackpool at the start of this season?

Tipped for relegation me thinks

You do realise they were in the prem a few years ago, yes?

For the grand total of one season.

We have the typical suggestions of playing with lower league clusb or not to sign players we've already heard of, but I do all this already and the game is still far too easy.

It is no fun trying to see how many seasons it takes to win the premiership with a conference team because it is inevitable that you'll get there eventually. I'd like it to actually feel like an achievement when I win something - not just like yet another trophy that was always coming.

For the grand total of one season.

We have the typical suggestions of playing with lower league clusb or not to sign players we've already heard of, but I do all this already and the game is still far too easy.

It is no fun trying to see how many seasons it takes to win the premiership with a conference team because it is inevitable that you'll get there eventually. I'd like it to actually feel like an achievement when I win something - not just like yet another trophy that was always coming.

If you can win the premiership with a conference team with the game straight out of the box without downloading tactics or anything then top praise to you, maybe the game is abit easy for you, but also isnt that the point of the game to be the best manager in the world, there have been clubs rise upto the prem but they normally get stuck mid table, Im thinking the likes of Wigan, Hull, Wimbledon.

Maybe the problem is as another points out, but something I havnt found yet is that over time the big teams get worse with transfers and old players so the prem by the time you get there isnt as good

Why people find it easy is truly beyond me. There are so many variables in this game, large parts of it are totally counter-intuitive (teamtalks and press conferences especially, but often tactics as well) and there is a huge element of randomness involved. Not to mention how hard it is to stop a slide in results as morale has an enormous, exaggerated influence on human-controlled teams' results.

It's the most difficult FM, by a distance.

I'm not saying you do or don't use the following but all can make the game harder.

A) Don't use third party software

B) Don't use exploits

C) When you need staff use the job centre

D) Don't use the player search

E) Don't use players you've heard of in real life or on the forums

F) Use scouts to find players

G) Create your own tactics

Totally agree with this and would also add 'use attribute masking'.

Effectively you can make the game as hard or easy for yourself as you like.

If you implement Cougar's suggestions you will be playing the game as a real manager experiences things. If it's still too easy after that then I doff my cap to you!!:)

FOOTBALL MANAGER IS TOO EASY AND THIS CAUSES LOOSE OF INTEREST

IT GOES AS FOLLOWS:

1 SEASON: 1ST OR 2ND IN DOMESTICLEAGUE FOR

2ND SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL FINALIST

3RD SEASON: 1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL WINNER

4TH SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL WINNER

5TH SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL FINALIST

AND THE LIST GOES ON

FOR A 2ND DIVISION TEAM

1 SEASON: 1ST OR 2ND IN 2ND DIVISION

2ND SEASON:MID TABLE IN 1ST DIVISION

3RD SEASON: 2ND IN DOMESTIC LEAGUE AND EXIT IN EUROPE

4TH SEASON: CL 16 AND CHALLENGE FOR DOMESTIC TITLE

5TH SEASON:CL FINALIST AND AND DOMESTIC TITLE WINNER

Give me a break. Whatever team you take, Real, Bayern, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Porto, Benfica, Rangers, Roma you know that you will be winning the CL very soon and for many times in a row.

It is very easy to challenge for CL

Does this happen in real life?

NO

Real has to win the CL for 8 years now despite the enormous budgets.

Bayern too

Inter won the CL after 40 years.

Juve has not win it for 15 years

You get to grab all the talents very easily while Barcelona and Real are buying average Scottish and Irish players

AI is not responsive to your tactics

and many other things than make the game lack longevity.

FOOTBALL MANAGER IS TOO EASY AND THIS CAUSES LOOSE OF INTEREST

IT GOES AS FOLLOWS:

1 SEASON: 1ST OR 2ND IN DOMESTICLEAGUE FOR

2ND SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL FINALIST

3RD SEASON: 1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL WINNER

4TH SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL WINNER

5TH SEASON:1ST IN LEAGUE AND CL FINALIST

AND THE LIST GOES ON

FOR A 2ND DIVISION TEAM

1 SEASON: 1ST OR 2ND IN 2ND DIVISION

2ND SEASON:MID TABLE IN 1ST DIVISION

3RD SEASON: 2ND IN DOMESTIC LEAGUE AND EXIT IN EUROPE

4TH SEASON: CL 16 AND CHALLENGE FOR DOMESTIC TITLE

5TH SEASON:CL FINALIST AND AND DOMESTIC TITLE WINNER

Give me a break. Whatever team you take, Real, Bayern, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Inter, Juventus, Porto, Benfica, Rangers, Roma you know that you will be winning the CL very soon and for many times in a row.

It is very easy to challenge for CL

Does this happen in real life?

NO

Real has to win the CL for 8 years now despite the enormous budgets.

Bayern too

Inter won the CL after 40 years.

Juve has not win it for 15 years

You get to grab all the talents very easily while Barcelona and Real are buying average Scottish and Irish players

AI is not responsive to your tactics

and many other things than make the game lack longevity.

Doesn't always work out like that for me,maybe you're reading the forums too much and getting too much info so it becomes really easy?

i find the game fairly easy long term but i dont see how its ever going to be any other way.

If you consider the 100000s of decisions you make every season from buying players, team talks, subs etc eventually human intelligence is going to start to shine through against ai.

a human player is always going to buy better, plan better long term and react better to tactics and team talks not working (through trial and error if nothing else.)

im not one of those people who just picks up the game and has instant sucess but i know eventually i will close the gap, until there are huge advances in the AI this will always be the case, it will never be able to compete on a level playing field for any amount of time.

It is the same every season, nothing changes, once you have a tactic thats it you have completed the game because the ai doesn't pick up the fact your using the same tactic if you did that irl you would get beat soon after using it.

The fact the ai buys the worst players it can so it leaves you to get the good stuff, the fact that if you win the league you will get money and improve then win the cl and then just have an unlimited stream of money to buy the best players.

I love the game as much as anyone but its getting the same every year just with different players, automatic changes every season would be a start that isnt just the same every game which might keep the interest up.

Archived