Player confused about what national team to play for. (Screenshot)

Recently became the manager of Nigeria and needed to send in the 26-man team for a qualifier. What's really interesting is I saw an above-average teenager who is born in Nigeria but has played for 3 years in Belgium and thus has Belgian nationality.

He has not played for Nigeria and is eligible for either countries.

I thought I'd call him up, but it wouldn't give me that option. So, I looked on his Personal screen and this is what I saw;

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2957/76784810ep9.png

I thought it was very neat that the player can actually choose what country he wants to play for.

Great little touch of realism, so I thought I'd share it with the rest of you. Any one else see this before?

Never seen that before, nice touch though icon14.gif

Did something similar happen with Gabriel Agbonlahor or someone? Think Walter Smith wanted to call him upto the Scotland squad (he has Scottish grandparents or something), he declined because he thought he could get his chance for England?

I had this with Ukraine, I wanted to call up the Brazilians that had been playing there for years. (Jadson, Fernandinho, etc) They were all reluctant for a while but after a year they gave up hope with Brazil and joined my side. \m/

Originally posted by The Lambs:

I wonder if you praise him a few times (especially after good performances) if you can tempt him to declare for Nigeria?

It is a cool feature either way.

Unfortunately if your only a national coach you can only praise players for form with the national team

How can you ask them to consider joining your squad? I checked in the menu in the bottom left, and no Player Interaction menu is available. If I click on the National Team menu, it only gives me the option to "Request a match report" which is of no use to me since I can't call him up.

Archived