Idea/ Suggestion against repetitiveness: Holidaying

Hey, I just thought I'd share an idea which I tried for myself with lots of success. After seeing so many people complaining about ending up signing the same players over and over again (and after experiencing that myself) and seeing people who look for challenges, I just feel like posting this as some food for thought.

What I did to circumvent looking after the same players over and over again with many different teams was to holiday the a few years before adding myself as a manager somewhere.

I did it (3 years, but that's obviously up to anyone's taste) and enjoyed it a lot :)

There were 3 major issues which were vastly improved in my view:

1. The game already has a history, so you have lots of choice in picking a club in a certain situation other than the current rl one.

2. The first regens are already good enough to have a serious impact. More scouting needed, more variation from the start.

3. As the promising youngsters have already developed and moved you just couldn't go after the same guys again even if you wanted to.

Anybody else doing this?

A quicker solution;

Download future savegame. (dont remember the link atm)

Think it was up until 2018 or something.

Saw a post about it on this forum yesterday, so scroll down a bit and you might find it.

Sounds brilliant....

A quicker solution;

Download future savegame. (dont remember the link atm)

Think it was up until 2018 or something.

Saw a post about it on this forum yesterday, so scroll down a bit and you might find it.

Sounds brilliant....

Or that of course, though that has the downside to it that you cannot create the set-up of it (nations, leagues and extra files), which is very important to me.

I did this once but it was too long to holiday through. :p

Now I just start in some obscure league and work my way up the managerial ladder.

Those holiday games are no good for me because there's never enough leagues (I push the limit with 80-90 leagues in total, and no holiday game that has many leagues).

Archived