All my good players want to leave!!

I'm having a nightmare with my Wolves game recently. In our third season we're doing brilliantly, currently occupying 1st after 24 games. Unfortunately a lot of outstanding performances from my players is generating interest from all over, and almost all my players with a rating 7.0+ are getting bids.

The problem is it's January and I'm in the knockout round of the UEFA cup so I'm unwilling to sell my players and bring in new ones that would need to gel with everyone. However, rejecting offers or forcing them to withdraw by raising the offer to absurd amounts has made at least 3-5 players unhappy, and pretty much each one of those has complained now about wanting to move on.

I'm finding this to be a real issue in FM10. Selling players seems much easier now but holding on to them seems to have become more difficult too. The worst thing is my players keep complaining about wanting tomove to clubs that are doing worse than I am, in one case in my 2nd season a player complained that he wanted to go to Newcastle when they'd only just come back from relegation and were holding up the bottom of the table whilst I was sitting in a CL spot!

Is there any way to hold onto or appease your players? I'm beginning to get quite annoyed!

You can only appease your players by having success and by growing in club stature.

Fwiw I still feel that it is way too easy in FM to keep your players. This exactly is why it become so easy to overachieve with minnows over time.

Offer new Contract sometime i find if you offer a player new contract that says want a new challegne then they accept the contract and are happy again.

Try offering a new contract, praise the player. Set the reject all bids or asking price high.

Did this player have newcastle as favorite club?

when clubs bid for a player then make a counter offer thats a lot higher so they withdraw. if they do agree to pay it then rip their hands off if not then no worries as your player wont blame you for blocking a transfer

Usually if I set the asking price ridiculously high (eg £100M) clubs don't bother bidding for my players.

They'll enquire instead, which ends with the same result

when clubs bid for a player then make a counter offer thats a lot higher so they withdraw. if they do agree to pay it then rip their hands off if not then no worries as your player wont blame you for blocking a transfer

Not true, it has been coded for some players to still become unhappy if you do not accept the offer straight away

Eg. I was offered £7m for a player, I countered for £15m, the player became upset for me not allowing him to move

But then the counter was accepted and he moved anyway... making him complaining kinda of stupid

Unfortunately, players usually only take into account reputations of the buying team vs. the selling team, and not current form or quality, therefore I'm afraid, you either ride out the storm and hope they forget, or just sell them for the highest price possible

Hopefully player decision making is one thing greatly improve in FM11

It would never happen IRL with wolves, the players would be over the moon if anything like that happened and so would Mike

I think that's what bothers me the most. We're doing really well and most of my players are still the original squad, doyle, nenad, berra etc, so they didn't epect glory but now I'm managing to give it to them, but instead they want to leave and join teams that are doing rubbish. I appreciate that Man U are obviously big, but on my game they are now currently struggling to even get into Europe, whilst I'm 1st and virtually guarantee CL football. Why would you want to leave? It makes no sense!

Archived