not going to reach potential

I just picked up one of the best regens i have ever seen, then after a few games he brakes his arm, after the injury has ended my physio tells me that he may never reach his potential.

how true is this?

also my assistant has gone from saying he might be better than Lukaku (best player in the world in 2019) to saying he will be no where near as good.

even if i play him lots from the age of 16 will he ever reach his full potential. It was only a broken arm.

In game staff estimate how much CA the players will be able to gain. If your kid is 100 points of CA away from his potential then he would have trouble reaching his potential even in the best of circumstances.

I got couple of regens last season that were rated with PA of 2.5 stars. But their personalities weren't very good for development and their CA barely increased after a year. So next year they were rated with PA of 2 stars since the staff revized their estimate on how good these guys can get considering the current rate of growth and the remaining years of their career. I wouldn't be surprised if next year their CA is marked even lower.

In your case the kid is going to be out for a while thanks to the injury and that might be the reason why your staff don't think that he'll become great, but it also might be an estimation based on his progress so far, and if his personality is poor for development its quite possible that their revised estimation is correct.

At the opposite end of the scale, the estimates could improve for some players

One of my young defenders went from Potential of "Decent Premier League defender" to "Leading Premier League defender" after some good games

Unfortunately, it has gone down to "Good" due to not be able to play him as often as I would like within the first team and turning a year older before improving his CA enough

But is still quite good for a player with only 140PA, hoping his tutoring still pays off

Concerning the drop with your player, how long was the injury, could be the missed training time is what has caused the drop?

Archived