I get promoted and I LOSE sponsorship money?!

I have tried it with Brøndby even though I won the league, I still were getting sponsor deals, that were smaller then the previous ones. And sometimes the number of allowed coaches goes down.

I would love an answer from SI as to why this happens..

There is no way this could happen IRL, especially since going into league 2 means turning Professional.... i mean comon how could you possibly get less sponsorship money in that situation? (this is also assuming there isn't an nuclear war, this is FM not RL)

Depends on who the chairmen pick for the sponsorship deals, I think. Not all chairmans like to recieve millions for excessive advertising and will take less only for shirt sponsorship rather than things like advertising boards and such.

Don't hold me on it though, not 100% sure.

with liverpool, my sponsorship went from 15mil, after 2 seasons and 2 consecutive CL and PL, it went to 35mil with about 3 added ones coming in...

however, when at arsenal, i won the league 2 years out of 3, and a uefa cup, and i lost a 10mil sponsorship with no replacement whatsoever???

If you check your staff and see if Peter Storrie is amongst them, if he is then that explains it, you probably got more that the 37k you had last season by gaining promotion, but he allegedly pocketed the rest as his bonus for securing this sponsorship.

If that is the case then FM is more realistic than I thought.

Ur lucky.... i had a decrease when i had the same thing (promotion to league 2), but that deal was going to last 4! years... so that 1 year of urs isnt too bad...

Sponsorships need to be looked into heavily i think....

Maybe the other sponsors didn't want to sponsor you anymore as it was the end of their contract and therefore the board had to get the best next offer in and it happens to be lower. This isn't a bug.

Well what i think is the problem, is that this renew takes place while the team is still listed as BSP team, so the game doesnt take the promotion to L2 with it on the renew :).

Archived