Brazilian cup

Im playing a save with Internacional in the Brazilian First Division and have qualified for next years Brazilian Cup (2012) by winning the Gaucho State Championship in 2011. Now its July 2012 and there is still no sign of the Brazilian Cup, can anyone think of a reason why this is so or could it be a bug.

I'm guessing the cup runs late due to all the competitions.

By the way, qualifying through the state championships, as top ten in the league will also qualify you.

It may not be the competition running late, did you qualify for the Libertadores, if so you don't play in the cup. That mean if you ever win it you can't defend it the following season.

Edit: cup runs from Feb. to June in-game.

I'm guessing the cup runs late due to all the competitions.

By the way, qualifying through the state championships, as top ten in the league will also qualify you.

It may not be the competition running late, did you qualify for the Libertadores, if so you don't play in the cup. That mean if you ever win it you can't defend it the following season.

Edit: cup runs from Feb. to June in-game.

yeah i won the copa libertadores too, so i guess i dont qualify for it. thanks anyway

That caught me out, too. I had to look the rules up in Wikipedia to work out what was going on.

That's certainly a crazy continent.

Nah just Brazil, remember this is a country that had different rules for its league every season for 30 years, including a 100+ team top division.

Archived