Weird European club rankings

I just noticed this news about the 2010-11 season club rankings:

fm10_weirdEuroRanking.png

I clicked on Chipstead to see who that was ... it is an Obscure English Amateur club with no History or records. How can that be the 290th. best club in Europe?? ... I was even amazed that it had been the 1059th best club.

It is probably not even amongst the 1000 best clubs in the UK.

Is there a place in the game where I can find the European rankings??

StormenDK. Are you using SuperBladesman's extra English league's pack ? If so I'd say it was a possible bug with that, probably in one of the myriad of lower league cups that he has in his update. Try raising this in both the bugs forum and the editor's forum if that's the case.

i dont know why on fm the winner of the euro cup gets more european ranking points than the winner of the champs league.... when actually they should get lower than the knock out stage champs league teams

In reality that can happen. The system is something like this: 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. For qualifiers teams get half of this. It does not matter which competition the team is in, Champions League or Europa League, it is the same. So if the Europa League winners win more matches than the Champions League winners then they could get more points.

In reality that can happen. The system is something like this: 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. For qualifiers teams get half of this. It does not matter which competition the team is in, Champions League or Europa League, it is the same. So if the Europa League winners win more matches than the Champions League winners then they could get more points.

And also the national (overall) points for the previous 5 (I think) years are calculated in as a part of the team's points for this year.

StormenDK. Are you using SuperBladesman's extra English league's pack ? If so I'd say it was a possible bug with that, probably in one of the myriad of lower league cups that he has in his update. Try raising this in both the bugs forum and the editor's forum if that's the case.

Yes I am ... and you are most likely right. I'll post it there and see what he says :)

I have experienced the same bug where about 300 English amateur clubs get 3.274 points (I think) for no reason.

All English clubs will get a certain percentage (can't remember what) of the national coefficient achieved for that season even clubs that have not participated in Europe that season. For example Portsmouth will have got coefficient points for this season even though they did not play in Europe this season. There is still something wrong though as only teams that have played in Europe in a previous season will get it.

Well I asked it in SuperBlademan's thread, and someone mentioned that it was a known problem when leagues were added to an existing country league structure. Minor issue as they are so far down the rankings to affect much of anything. It just looks weird.

Edit: Just to quote KUBI from that thread:

If I recall correctly, this is a known issue with activated lower leagues and added cups (cup reputation).

Archived