Press Conferences

They shouldn't be removed, just improved. They are an important part of any managers job these days and therefore should definitely be in the game. But implemented in a way that isn't repetitive or annoying.

They shouldn't be removed, just improved. They are an important part of any managers job these days and therefore should definitely be in the game. But implemented in a way that isn't repetitive or annoying.

i agree the problem is not that managers have to do press conferences every manager has to do them irl....the problem is the repeat of questions or lack of answers etc...i do my own press conferences and now i know what answer to pick from and i do fly threw them...

They are an important part of the manager routines today, but so are eating breakfast and brushing the teeth. Press conferences seem to mean a lot for us who only have access to the game via the media surface, hence we tend to put too much meaning into it. I would estimate the effects of real life press conferences on the player group to be insignificant, in the same way as what the manager has for breakfast is insignificant.

I suggest SI remove this feature and instead improve real communicative relations between manager and players.

They are an important part of the manager routines today, but so are eating breakfast and brushing the teeth. Press conferences seem to mean a lot for us who only have access to the game via the media surface, hence we tend to put too much meaning into it. I would estimate the effects of real life press conferences on the player group to be insignificant, in the same way as what the manager has for breakfast is insignificant.

I suggest SI remove this feature and instead improve real communicative relations between manager and players.

you make some valid points but press conferences are used by managers for their 'pyschological warfare'. Its not as if Jose phones up his opposite number and says the things he does to the press. Player/manager interaction does need to improve but alongside media interaction not at the expense of it.

Anyway its not as if the OP has made a strong case for the prosecution is it?

Edgar, yes, Press Conferences are part of manager role today, but let's be honest, what Jose Mourinho states in the press conferences is simply an act. Mourinho as this arrogant we are the best the rest is crap kind of attitude in the media, but with the players he has this different attitude (Milito, Dorgba, Lampard) which many have stated that the real Mourinho is not from the Press Conferences.

I have read a book that he co-wrote here in Portugal, that stated that Press Conferences is only serves one thing to feed the media, not even players listen to them and what players do listen and care about is what their manager say before entering the field, in half time and when the match ends and that is called team talks.

If Si can think can revolutionize Press Conferences in making a fun feature, then thumbs up and go with that, because this will be the third try. And if it is the third strike and this feature is still boring, they should remove it and put back the old system of one question.

Edgar, yes, Press Conferences are part of manager role today, but let's be honest, what Jose Mourinho states in the press conferences is simply an act. Mourinho as this arrogant we are the best the rest is crap kind of attitude in the media, but with the players he has this different attitude (Milito, Dorgba, Lampard) which many have stated that the real Mourinho is not from the Press Conferences.

I have read a book that he co-wrote here in Portugal, that stated that Press Conferences is only serves one thing to feed the media, not even players listen to them and what players do listen and care about is what their manager say before entering the field, in half time and when the match ends and that is called team talks.

If Si can think can revolutionize Press Conferences in making a fun feature, then thumbs up and go with that, because this will be the third try. And if it is the third strike and this feature is still boring, they should remove it and put back the old system of one question.

I am aware of this and understand perfectly, hence me asking for press conferences and player/manager interaction being improved.

Is that too much to ask SI? :D

I'm sure they are aware of the limitations and I would sincerely hope that they are working to improve this.

Remove them please.

Btw...why not implement an option to say things to a player but INSIDE the club?, I mean, all the things you can tell to your guys are via media, whats that??!!!, wheres every day contact??, in the traininig field??

I am aware of this and understand perfectly, hence me asking for press conferences and player/manager interaction being improved.

Is that too much to ask SI? :D

I'm sure they are aware of the limitations and I would sincerely hope that they are working to improve this.

At this time I bet that the people at SI know from the top of their heads with their eyes closed state what is the problem with Press Conferences.

They shouldnt be removed but definately made to be not as repetative. People keep saying that they are realistic and managers are always asked the same questions. We are playing a game here, sometimes a season or two at a time and in those situations the press conferences make you just want to punch the computer. Vary them up, different questions, different focus of attention and make the answers not as catastrophic to your players morale so you dont always have to answer "No comment".

They should not be removed at all but it can get repetitive. In real life also, press conferences are repetitive as well, so SI is just trying to emulate real life scenarios.

If SI, removes press conferences, it would not bring in the realism of the game. Having press conferences only makes the game more realistic.

Although I think that this area of the game could be improved in my opinion. :)

I think they should be removed. All the points in here are very valid... but my argument is;

We've always had the ability to motivate our players before a game(1 question 5 answers)and also to wind up opponents before games(release comment about next/previous opponent) and also to comment on the upcoming game with the interaction feature(player is a danger, alongside the 1 question 5 answer thing)

All these features i now find i don't use as much! But when i think of it, i preffered doing these this way as it was more realistic and the players had a reaction that was more detailed(unlike now where it is pleased, confused or annoyed with my comments). All they then need to do is add the ability to talk to a player but inhouse :thup: and it would be complete!

Scrap Press Conferences and go back to the old way with more improved things/options! Its so much better!

I'd like to find people who found the old system worse then the new press conferences, if there are people like this... i bet there are more people that preffered the old system

Remove repetitive press conferences for each game. Keep them for happenings like;

-signing a good player / selling a good player

-during final stages of a good cup run. I.e a small team reaching 3rd round of FA cup.

-during all stages of euro cups (CL/EL).

-other "unusual" happenings, like jubilees,

-start of season update(?)

Rather implement a choice to manually call a press conference. (might already be implemented, and im just lazy :p)

I think they should be removed. All the points in here are very valid... but my argument is;

We've always had the ability to motivate our players before a game(1 question 5 answers)and also to wind up opponents before games(release comment about next/previous opponent) and also to comment on the upcoming game with the interaction feature(player is a danger, alongside the 1 question 5 answer thing)

All these features i now find i don't use as much! But when i think of it, i preffered doing these this way as it was more realistic and the players had a reaction that was more detailed(unlike now where it is pleased, confused or annoyed with my comments). All they then need to do is add the ability to talk to a player but inhouse :thup: and it would be complete!

Scrap Press Conferences and go back to the old way with more improved things/options! Its so much better!

I'd like to find people who found the old system worse then the new press conferences, if there are people like this... i bet there are more people that preffered the old system

PGB, how about making a poll out of what you wrote about Press Conferences and the Old System (which I love). That way is pretty easier to find those people, if there is any.

• 2 weeks later...

press conferences = :thdn::thdn::thdn::thdn:

I understand the "realism" argument and what they are supposed to do but in practice they are INCREDIBLY boring, baffling, disruptive and INCREDIBLY boring.

I would like to be constructive and make a suggestion but I can't see any other than having a zillion different questions.

Press conferences in FM10 are useful for building up team morale - my highly ambitious team always reacts well when I state that Ajax will win Eredivisie this season or something like that. Also other options, depending on your squad mentality or questions that arise during press conferences.

Press conference is a tool just like team talk. If you use it wisely, it's a weapon. If you don't use it, you might still win, but it's your choice. Some of the managers here claim that they leave all team talks to assman. Well, if they still win, so be it, but doing it yourself you give yourself a better chance in my opinion.

press conferences = :thdn::thdn::thdn::thdn:

I understand the "realism" argument and what they are supposed to do but in practice they are INCREDIBLY boring, baffling, disruptive and INCREDIBLY boring.

I would like to be constructive and make a suggestion but I can't see any other than having a zillion different questions.

this does not answer my problem

Press conferences in FM10 are useful for building up team morale - my highly ambitious team always reacts well when I state that Ajax will win Eredivisie this season or something like that. Also other options, depending on your squad mentality or questions that arise during press conferences.

Press conference is a tool just like team talk. If you use it wisely, it's a weapon. If you don't use it, you might still win, but it's your choice. Some of the managers here claim that they leave all team talks to assman. Well, if they still win, so be it, but doing it yourself you give yourself a better chance in my opinion.

i do agree but i cannot respond and carry on playing the game

Archived