Dutch Leauge European Play-off confusion?

J finsihed 8th in the Eredivise, and so qualified for a eruopean play off spot.

I played two legs, winning 3-2 away from home, and losing one nil at home. So an agrregate score of 3-3

I was however knocked out without playing extra time or penalties? despite me leading 3-1 on away goals?

DOes anyone know why i lost the tie overall?

There's some really weird thing in Holland with aggregate scores. In the relegation playoffs with RBC I lost the first leg 3-0 and won the second leg 4-0, which somehow took me to a one off replay game.

Tbh, whoever in the Dutch FA thought of the European Play-Off system should be shot, talk about complicating something for little reason lol

But then again, I don't like the English Play-Off's either, but thats a different subject

Tbh, whoever in the Dutch FA thought of the European Play-Off system should be shot, talk about complicating something for little reason lol

The same company that did the Belgian play-offs, so compared to that, the Dutch play-off system isn't all that bad.

Oh god, there is a play off that's even more pointless??? (Not familiar with the Belgian League System)

Edit: Just read the rules...

Am I reading this right? There is a play-off to determine the Champion??? Please say I'm misreading that, if not, that's pathetic

And 7th-14th go for Europe??? huh??? That makes no sense

I really hope the wording is off, google time I think

Oh god, there is a play off that's even more pointless??? (Not familiar with the Belgian League System)

Yes, a system were nr 14 (of 16) can qualify for europa league and the last 2 teams play each other 5 times in a row to figure out who plays relegation playoff and who just relegates.

The whole system is even more ridiculous than this btw.

Archived