The stadium expansion

I want to ask, in my third year, my board want to increase the stadium to a bigger one, but they stated that the council doesn't want that and the work is being block. Is there any way to expand it further in the next year? If not, so my stadium can not get bigger all the time?

Hm... so just hope.. could I raise the probability with always ask my board frequently?

No. If its a council decision, bugging your board won't help anything apart from the likelihood of you annoying them.

You'll have to hope that either the council will change their mind(don't know how likely that is), or that you get a new stadium. Some people get them really surprising with little money, others, like myself, have loads of money and are prime candidates for a stadium, but won't get one.

You'll have to hope that either the council will change their mind(don't know how likely that is), or that you get a new stadium. Some people get them really surprising with little money, others, like myself, have loads of money and are prime candidates for a stadium, but won't get one.

Hm.. hope I get a new one soon..

Increase that balance of yours, stadiums cost a lot of money so just try and have a huge balance and they may announce it without you asking. No point continually asking if you don't have much money.

As long as your have the money just nag the board once a week or once every other week and eventually you probably will get one.

The same happened to me with Harrogate Town when I was trying to increase the stadium capacity. Once or twice the council blocked it, but eventually I got a brand new stadium named after me!

Yea same with mine. I nagged them every month or so and if you have sufficient home attendance like 2400+ for your 2500 seater. They will suddenly announce to build it at the end of the season. Took me 6 seasons tho.

My chairman took out a 60 million loan to build Gillingham a new stadium after promotion to the premeirship, which was nice of him! Now after several expansions, Gillingham Stadium is at 59,000 capacity:)

I want to ask, in my third year, my board want to increase the stadium to a bigger one, but they stated that the council doesn't want that and the work is being block. Is there any way to expand it further in the next year? If not, so my stadium can not get bigger all the time?

If the council are blocking permission you will never get it expanded as it has reached its maximum size in the database. You can however move to a new stadium if the conditions are right (e.g. money and high attendances).

In my Liverpool game, I got a new stadium in 2013, and it shoul be finish at 05-2015. But now it have been delayed 3 times because of a building accident, so I will get it at 04-2016. Lets see.......Others with the same problem?

Off topic here but I just want to add that if you edit your stadium capacity using FMRTE, the maximum one can go is 320,000. Anything more than that, the game automatically reverts your stadium to 80,000 after a few game days. Just a food for thought to anyone tempted to edit the stadium to more than 320,000! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Off topic here but I just want to add that if you edit your stadium capacity using FMRTE, the maximum one can go is 320,000.

If you really have lots of money and find it unrealistic that the board arent building a new stadium, save the game around 15th May(in EPL). Stadium expansion is usually decided between 20th and 31th of May. So just re-load couple of times and wait for the decision.

im having the same problem as OP blocked by the council for expansion, i dont have the choice to request a new stadium though ? is that normal should i just keep requesting expansions ?

Archived