Football Manager 2011 would look like?

Football Manager 2011 would look like?I am a fan from China FM. the following characteristics, let us enjoy a better。

1.START screen with animation, for example, cheering fans, players running and shooting ,Coach tactical arrangements 。

2。Game system more real, fast,Increase the player's feint, people over the ball points ,etc.

Powerful long-range sense,Goals have a sense of real impact,Tackles have more rationalized.

3. Better viewing in game,

4.rumours had blab before the game and coach tactics by Newspaper

5。Top ten goals each season, top ten players ratings, and the stars, life coach rumors

6。Control the transfer fee like reality, Increase the home team in the game song。

7 。Champions League, major competitions are not the same scene,will better .

8.Increase in the world coaching position, social status, as well as more detailed plot And fans can interact。

9。Coach can blame referee ,|-)

10。The most important thing is not to increase more burden on PC

ok .We look forward to more successful football manager come out, I wish everyoneall happy to enjoy

in FM.

Well if no one else is going to say it............your english is poor "increase the home team in the game song" - no. No I won't.

His/her English is poor as he/she is from China and i guess Chinese therefore it is his/her second language. I find it quite sad that your 1st contribution towards someones first post on the forums is to criticise them.

Some interesting ideas in there hahalong. I like the ideas of the top 10 goals for the season.

Well if no one else is going to say it............your english is poor "increase the home team in the game song" - no. No I won't.

yes,hehe, I'm chinese,my english is very poor,but i understand what u say. "increase the home team in the game song" means :there is song of home team while playing game.

I hope this game is doing better and SI group see that.

The poster said he is from china FM what does that tell you? clearly english isnt her/his first language. You scum bag.

I like all the ideas, anything that make the game better. I especially agree with "The most important thing is not to increase more burden on PC"

You can blame the referee already in post-match press conferences from time to time, if you blame them for a bad decision and you're wrong you'll get warned by the FA and fined if you continue it, but if you're right nothing really happens except its acknowledged that the referee was wrong.

Please don't blame others because of their poor command of the English language. The thread starter is from China and in case you don't know, the Chinese education system places little importance of the English language. So it is not his fault.

Please be more sensitive to others next time, mate!

You can blame the referee already in post-match press conferences from time to time, if you blame them for a bad decision and you're wrong you'll get warned by the FA and fined if you continue it, but if you're right nothing really happens except its acknowledged that the referee was wrong.

dont you eventually get a touchline ban meaning you have to leave you Assisstant in charge if you keep complaining?

1.START screen with animation, for example, cheering fans, players running and shooting ,Coach tactical arrangements 。 - Personally I don't see the point, matter of opinion I guess.

2。Game system more real, fast,Increase the player's feint, people over the ball points ,etc.

Powerful long-range sense,Goals have a sense of real impact,Tackles have more rationalized. - Seems a fair and good idea.

3. Better viewing in game, - agreed

4.rumours had blab before the game and coach tactics by Newspaper - I get what you mean here, the rumours thing and media stuff needs improvement.

5。Top ten goals each season, top ten players ratings, and the stars, life coach rumors - cool idea.

6。Control the transfer fee like reality, Increase the home team in the game song。 - hmmm unsure what you mean, maybe it's to do with sound? Again for me that would be a gimmick.

7 。Champions League, major competitions are not the same scene,will better . - not sure what you mean I'm afriad.

8.Increase in the world coaching position, social status, as well as more detailed plot And fans can interact。 - that would be quite cool.

9。Coach can blame referee ,|-) Definately, should be able to do that without a press conference question.

10。The most important thing is not to increase more burden on PC - Gameplay and tactics are most important to me, but there has to be a a balance so that it's available easily for the masses and those who can't afford top range PC systems.

Number 2 is something SI are constantly trying to achieve. Making the match look better. But anything they change, someone will say it's still not good enough.

Same with number 6.

Number 10 is highly unrealistic. You want more stuff but less burden on the PC?

Other than that I agree with what you say.

Most importaant thing to do is dynamic league reputation !!

If league make progress there should be higher price for winning league, bigger cash from TV transmissions in league and European Cups, chance for better sponsor etc - not only higher league reputation.

2nd thing in my opinion is screen flow, for me it was better in others FMs, especially in European Cups, If I play in CL I cant view results 'live', few secs after ending. If I will set it to check results everyday - it's time wasting, everyweek - it's to rare, so it's hard to choose best. Same for World Cup, Euro Cup etc. Other options like checking other leagues tables are fine, I like it.

I think with no. 7, in regards to the Champions League 'scene' he means the teams who regurarly compete/win it. And if I'm right there, he has a point. I've had a couple of games where Real totally dominate the CL. Suppose it varies one game to the next though.

Add trophies to non selected leagues or delete them entirely - This detail bothers me a lot. If I don't select, let's say, Spain then specific team history isn't modified. Or rather is modified selectively. Let's say that FCB wins Champions League - trophy is added. Yet there is no specification about Primera Division. History stops at 2009? Let's be consequent - or non selected leagues don't have national history or top three teams according to uefa(or other) seedings have their history modified.

Leagues - if league is becoming stronger then awards should become adequate, same other way. Let's say it could be done with the combination of league rep and league coef. 5:1 for instance. I belive Stomil had same idea.

Loyality - there should be abstract class of loyality for very few players. Let's say -1. For players like Raul, Del Piero, staff like Guy Roux was or sir Ferguson is. It should be both ways - club is also loyal to that kind of player and it would require quite a disaster to be otherways. This relation could be created(randomly - not obligatory) during gameplay in let's say 7-9 seasons working for one club and beeing a team favourite(it could be connected with legend or star in some way as I imagine).

Press conference - don't know what but they must do something with it. Always clicking the same answers. I understand it is difficult to implement a conference that gives you possibility to answer with irony or in any kind of manner but they could make about 500 questions. That way it would be borring after two seasons instead of four matches.

the Chinese education system places little importance of the English language. So it is not his fault.

It places a massive importance on it, as high as the sciences. They do all they can to attract language teachers from English speaking nations, they send their Chinese English speaking teachers out to English speaking Universities for further training (the University of Reading takes 160 a year). China views mastering the English language as essential to future economic growth. It's just that it never used to, so adults don't necessarily have the grasp of it that their child does. Despite that, China will soon overtake the USA as the number 1 English speaking nation.

Anyone, on topic:

Number 10 wouldn't happen if the others were introduced. Simply put, the start screen, songs, improved match display and so forth would add to the burden on the PC, like the 3D display did.

The songs- this has been suggested before. I presume you mean the songs the fans sing rather than those played on the speakers? There are problems with licensing (getting permission from the people who made the song- for example, fans often sing songs based on Hey Jude, and if you included them in the game you'd need Paul McCartney's permission) which would increase the cost of the game, and many users play without sound.

Football Manager 2011 would look like?I am a fan from China FM. the following characteristics, let us enjoy a better。

1.START screen with animation, for example, cheering fans, players running and shooting ,Coach tactical arrangements 。

Powerful long-range sense,Goals have a sense of real impact,Tackles have more rationalized.

3. Better viewing in game,

4.rumours had blab before the game and coach tactics by Newspaper

5。Top ten goals each season, top ten players ratings, and the stars, life coach rumors

6。Control the transfer fee like reality, Increase the home team in the game song。

7 。Champions League, major competitions are not the same scene,will better .

8.Increase in the world coaching position, social status, as well as more detailed plot And fans can interact。

9。Coach can blame referee ,|-)

10。The most important thing is not to increase more burden on PC

ok .We look forward to more successful football manager come out, I wish everyoneall happy to enjoy

in FM.

1. We have more important priorities. I rather have more emphasis on actual gameplay than the title screens
  2. ME (match engine) is something SI are working at. Hopefully it'll be better
  3. Yeah I agree with that
  4. there's transfers rumours already, not sure about those coach tactics
  5. aren't those already in the game?
  6. Don't get it lol
  7. Yes. Needs a different atmosphere somehow, it's just like a normal game...
  8. not a bad idea
  9. we can already do that :p
  10. can't happen. Technology will keep improving and the games will be better. Better games = more performance

Don't insult the guy (or girl). He (or she) is just an FM fan like all of us. English wasn't my first language either (Cantonese) so insulting him is just childish and at least he's trying to explain properly.

You, sir, are an idiot.

He had it coming, however I think the best option at least in the forums is simply ignore him. It avoids an anger post from his part and avoids you getting an infraction due to him. Just ignore his post.

5。Top ten goals each season, top ten players ratings, and the stars, life coach rumors - I like this one !!!

6。Control the transfer fee like reality, Increase the home team in the game song。- Interesting feature of in game chanting for the home team.

10。The most important thing is not to increase more burden on PC - Definately !!!

QUOTE]

Some very interesting points here. I like them.

I think that we definately don't want to see the PC being stressed out. I don't want to have to buy a new laptop every year FM comes out.

I don't see why people think number 10 is unrealistic and impossible. FM is not the most optimized game around. In fact, when it comes to match representation, it has got to be one of the worst optimized 3D engines ever. The system requirements are absolutely ridiculous for a game that looks like FIFA 96.

I don't see why people think number 10 is unrealistic and impossible. FM is not the most optimized game around. In fact, when it comes to match representation, it has got to be one of the worst optimized 3D engines ever. The system requirements are absolutely ridiculous for a game that looks like FIFA 96.[/QUOTE]

exactly!!! i am obviously not computer savvy, but i felt there was a huge jump from FM09 to FM10 for minimum system requirement that i need to buy a brand new computer to be able to play FM11 and so on.

I don't see why people think number 10 is unrealistic and impossible. FM is not the most optimized game around. In fact, when it comes to match representation, it has got to be one of the worst optimized 3D engines ever. The system requirements are absolutely ridiculous for a game that looks like FIFA 96.

You have to understand how much time SI puts in improving the 3D ME. FM10 is the first game where the 3D ME was introduced and there's a basis for the game to improve for next year. Your expectations of the 3D engine is unfair because FM is not trying to be like the FIFA games at all.

You have to understand how much time SI puts in improving the 3D ME. FM10 is the first game where the 3D ME was introduced and there's a basis for the game to improve for next year. Your expectations of the 3D engine is unfair because FM is not trying to be like the FIFA games at all.

3D ME was introduced in FM09 actually ;) I don't think my expectations are unfair. I never expected the game to look like FIFA and it shouldn't really, but when I can run the latest PES game flawlessly and yet I need to lower the detail level to play FM on the same machine, something is wrong. A friend of my can run PES 6 on his computer but the 3D engine on FM is completely unplayable.

I can understand why adding more stuff would require more processing power but at least as far as visual representation goes, there is no excuse for such high system requirements when the graphics are so simple.

1.START screen with animation, for example, cheering fans, players running and shooting

Didn't realise you could use guns while playing in the China League... :p

3D ME was introduced in FM09 actually ;) I don't think my expectations are unfair. I never expected the game to look like FIFA and it shouldn't really, but when I can run the latest PES game flawlessly and yet I need to lower the detail level to play FM on the same machine, something is wrong. A friend of my can run PES 6 on his computer but the 3D engine on FM is completely unplayable.

I can understand why adding more stuff would require more processing power but at least as far as visual representation goes, there is no excuse for such high system requirements when the graphics are so simple.

That is exactly what I have been saying since the 3D in FM09 was released. Nice to see I'm not alone in this. :D

It's not just that, it's that in addition to all the "under the hood" stuff. With all the simulation code for the game and how in-depth it is, it adds much more strain on the system than you'd think, because the other matches are processing in the background. That's why you can do things like "latest scores" in the middle of a match and have it be up-to-date, not already finished or not started yet. Sure, the 3d graphics aren't amazing, but it's a heck of a lot of work for the computer to do all the stuff FM does. It will improve. Just be patient.

It's not just that, it's that in addition to all the "under the hood" stuff. With all the simulation code for the game and how in-depth it is, it adds much more strain on the system than you'd think, because the other matches are processing in the background. That's why you can do things like "latest scores" in the middle of a match and have it be up-to-date, not already finished or not started yet. Sure, the 3d graphics aren't amazing, but it's a heck of a lot of work for the computer to do all the stuff FM does. It will improve. Just be patient.

Fair point. FM does have a lot of going on while the matches are being played. However, I still think the 3D ME is very poorly optimized because even when the game isn't processing anything and I try to watch highlights from previous matches, I still get the same performance issues. And yet PES 2010, which is a console port, runs with no problems whatsoever at max details.

I know SI are still new to this and all, but I'll be disappointed if 3D in FM11 doesn't look better AND runs better than it does in FM10.

All that you said, in my view has nothing to do with graphics, but with processing speed and memory. The more speed and memory the better.

The 3D (not mentioning the ME itself) and all the graphics of the game is processed by the graphic card on you computer. So graphical minimal requirements is that You can run the 3D at its bare minimum. And recommended requirements is for to run the 3D with all five stars. I think that requirements they set for both things it is too high for a below average 3D representation, that even 3D in Fifa Manager is better (i didn't play it, but saw the game at house of friend and really saw what SI need to catch Fifa Manager in the 3D department).

But I think SI will improve the 3D, what I question is, will the 3D be improved to better graphics and maintain the same requirements?

• 1 month later...

Chairman(looking for a manager):

1.you could look for a manager who has not got a job

2.be in negotiations with manager and club to discuss compensation,wages etc

3.you could get sporting legends to be your manager e.g, Gary Lineker,Alan Hansen, Charlie Nicholas and some people from Gillette SS.

you could also sack your manager after a poor run of form e.g, Brian Laws 2 wins from 17 games for burnley surely you'd sack him.

As Chairman, You could also give a yearly transfer budget to the manager for the season.

you should be able to manage under 21 teams

also count in the financial implications that relegation would cause.

I definitely agree the media needs improving and possiby a complete change - and some news items on the tactics would be good as long as it doesn't get too monotone and repetitive. I also like the idea of goals being more dynamic, especially with the crowds going more crazy (or something) when there is a last minute goal or a 30 yard goal - which would make it more impacting.

i think everyone would like a bit more visual polish and pizzaz added to the game.. while obviously unnecessary to a simulation, it would certainly make the game better for me... an animated intro as suggested for instance..

and i for one would definately like to see more of a fuss made out of winning a competition or the league...

top ten goals would also be awesome..

Number 2 is something SI are constantly trying to achieve. Making the match look better. But anything they change, someone will say it's still not good enough.

Same with number 6.

Number 10 is highly unrealistic. You want more stuff but less burden on the PC?

Other than that I agree with what you say.

Actually, I think SI has done an excellent job of updating the game without drastically updating the system requirements from year-to-year.

Archived