Help Please

Hi Everyone,

This is my 1st post and hopefully my last asking for help but had a crave to play FM2008 earlier but it won't work. Every time I try and load it, it comes up with 'unable to find data folder!' then I click OK and it displays 'failed to find a default database to use. Please make sure you installation is not corrupt.'

I have unistalled and reinstalled it several times and the copy I have is genuine. When you reinstall the game starts up but when you quit it will never open again!

Any ideas?

• Administrators

1. Shut down FM.

2. Go to C:\Users\username\App Data\Roaming\ and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

3. Try FM again.

If this doesn't work shut down FM, repeat step 2 and then

4. Check you have the latest Java. Go to 'Control Panel' and click 'Add or Remove Programs'. If you see an entry for 'Java 6 Update 6' then you are up to date. If it is lower than 'Update 6' or the number is less than 6 after Java then an update might resolve the issue. Update from here

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

and try FM again.

Or if that doesn't work... i also had a problem with FM and it claiming it was maybe corrupt... I realised it was my disc that was scratched... so when it was installing it wasn't reading the data correctly... so i copied the files to a folder then ran the setup.exe and it installed perferctly! Did you get any messages saying the game didn't install properly?

Worth a try :)

Archived