Prolific Strike Pairings

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tevez and Lukaku, 3rd season. Tevez on Trequartista, Lukaku on Target Man support. Tevez is on 30-something and Lukaku is a reasonable way into double figures. this isnt including Jovetic on the left wing who is basically my 3rd forward, and has 24 goals as well :)

Brian Wake (Target Man A) and James Keatings (Poacher A) for Gateshead in my current FM10 save (2010/11, BSP). Wake isn't very skillful and isn't even that great at heading the ball but he's very strong, jumps well and is very mentally adroit, which compliments the raw pace and flair of Keatings perfectly. It's March and Wake has about 25 goals for the year after an poor first season. Keatings just hit 30 in my last game, as well as about 20 assists. It helps that I have the Xavi of non-league football in Kris Gate supplying them too. Unfortunately my defence is mid-table standard so we're clinging onto our playoff place. :D

Shevchenko and Klose on FM07. Absolutely immense partnership, Klose had about 28 goals and Shev had about 25. Add to that Drogba getting 10 or so off the bench and Lampard hitting 16 or so and its safe to say I walked the league.

Had a Man Utd save back on 08 where I would rotate Smith/Rooney/Van Nistelrooy/Rossi. Scored over 150 league goals in a season, with each of the four grabbing over 30 goals. Had a crazy scoring streak (Leeds, Ipswich and Sunderland) where my team scored 10+ goals in three consecutive games.

Now on 10, Going with Dzeko, Rooney and bought Van Nistelrooy back from Madrid, still pretty prolific with 77 goals between them in their first season.

Guilherme and Kaka on FM09 (I know kaka is technically a midfielder)

Kaka had over 40 goals Guilherme over 50

on this FM I've a good one going at the moment with Rossi and Dzeko, both had over 30 last season and have started the current (3rd) very well

my main front pairing is florent sinama pongelle (he is a goal machine in this game) with Lukaku, pongelle has just broken every record for goals, assists and mom awards in his 2nd season, played 48, scored 44. Lukaku on the other hand (his first season with me in newcastle btw) has been terrible, scored 3 goals in 29 appearances and is constantly getting injured, one for 4 months, one for 2 months and another for 5 weeks all in one season. Hope he improves.

Just finished my second season as Pro Vercelli in the Italian Serie C2. I don't have a strike pairing as I play a 4-3-3, but my strikers had a pretty impressive year. All five of them actually.

Daniel Huss: 38 (1) games, 30 goals, 14 assists.

Ivan Caponi: 21 (16) games, 18 goals, 7 assists. And he's a 17 year old regen. Not a bad player to come through the ranks in Serie C2 ;)

Marco Dalla Costa: 18 (12) games, 14 goals, 3 assists

Cristian Biancone: 12 (16) games, 9 goals, 3 assists

Engin Bekdemir: 38 games, 6 goals, 26 (!) assists

Sadly Biancone is 33 and declining, and Bekdemir is on loan from Juve. Got a pretty good core of strikers still tho.

im currently tottenham fm10. i started as west brom where i got promoted through play offs and somehow won the fa cup. finding it hard in the prem 10/11 i got job offer from tottenham with a promise of 30 million to spend so i accepted. I finished 9th so nothing special. 11/12 i was in the top 4 most of the season but we bottled it last 10 games and i finished 7th. just finished 12/13 and i finished 1st by 15 points over man city and beat man city in the fa cup final. hughes got sacked and mancini got the job. vagner love scored 38 goals in 45 games. crouch 18 in 26 and kadlec 13 in 13. love got 4 in the cup final. just brought german think called kroos or something and big man from psg cant think of his name. kadlec looks good for future and he can play alongside love

Archived