Unrealistic Targets?

Why does asking your ass man to filter out "unrealistic targets" ONLY filter out those who would not be willing to sign for you?

Why does it not filter out players who are unrealistic targets because they are just not good enough for the team?

I often search for unattached/contract expired/ing players, which involves all those players considered not good enough for even lower league teams. How would these be realistic targets?

Instead I guess I have to single out attributes to make the search more useful, but shouldn't this be done by my ass man, so all players have at least a certain ability/reputation.

Alternatively, perhaps search by rep/CA/PA could be included in future versions?

Your thoughts?

Because the filter is there to just take out those who don't want to join you. But if you really want to sign those crappy players, is that unrealistic?

The filter is not for guiding you of whom you should Not buy.

You can't have a filter that takes out all players below a certain CA/PA because they are numbers you shouldn't know. If you did that the whole idea of finding targets would be far to easy.

The Assistant is filtering out unrealistic targets because even though they may be poor players, that doesn't mean you are not a chance of signing them

I didn't mean that it should show CA/PA, I just meant that it had a way of filtering out players below a certain level. Perhaps reputation would be better.

"Unrealistic" should work both ways, players too good and players too poor for the club. In reality no top club would look for 30 year-olds who have been released by 3rd tier teams! Therefore this type of player would be an "unrealistic target".

If you do want to sign those "crappy players" (although I cannot think of any reason why one would want this) you wouldn't use that filter, as it is a tick-box.

This is not about making it easier to find/sign good players, but a way to stop you wasting your time wading through heaps of useless players (as you can't sort by value for out-of-contract players).

I never ask my ass man to filter out unrealistic targets. For two reasons, who is to say that he is correct and the player would not want to join your team (i suppose this would depend on the ass mans stats) and if you offer the player enough money he will join.

I have found this out myself as my ass man said that Bojan was not interested in joining my club, but i offered him loads of money and he agreed.

<LI>realistic

seeking what is achievable or possible, based on known facts

it filters out these players too good because realistically you couldnt sign them, wheras poor players it is possible ot sign them they are just too poor.

maybe an additional option to filter out inadequate players

Yes - give an another option to filter out inadequate players - based on the Assistan;t views.

Already if I offer a contract the assistant will tell me that I shouldn't sign the player - why can't a filter just ezclude all of these

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<LI>realistic

seeking what is achievable or possible, based on known facts

it filters out these players too good because realistically you couldnt sign them, wheras poor players it is possible ot sign them they are just too poor.

maybe an additional option to filter out inadequate players

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, just didn't say it well or clearly :S

the assiant picks players out who would sign.would james mcfadden sigh for man u in real life your dam right but they would not want him that is what the game does it shows all the players who would sign even if they could not get a game in your youth team.

More on the assman filtering topic-

If you let the assman filter out the unrealistic players, and just use this, you're going to miss out on a lot of good signings. With a little research by yourself, you can find several players who "might be interested" in coming, and some very good players who would have "some interest", but the assman ignores.

I usually look through the players listed for loan, or in the reserves of better teams - sometimes you can scout these guys, and find out (despite your assman filtering them out), that they might want to come.

And it's true, your scout might tell you a player is "not interested", but with the right amount of money, he's yours.

**player name spoiler**

The decision to sign a player is the manager's and the manager's alone. At least on FM. If you want to sign a terrible player then you should be able to sign a terrible player.

If I'm a Prem team my Ass Man always tells me to only sign Damien LeTallec as a last resort, but he always turns out to be class.

Perhaps reputation should not be a hidden attribute and you should be able to filter it. But then you end up missing the odd gem.

Originally posted by backpackant:

**player name spoiler**

The decision to sign a player is the manager's and the manager's alone. At least on FM. If you want to sign a terrible player then you should be able to sign a terrible player.

If I'm a Prem team my Ass Man always tells me to only sign Damien LeTallec as a last resort, but he always turns out to be class.

Perhaps reputation should not be a hidden attribute and you should be able to filter it. But then you end up missing the odd gem.

I signed Le Tallec on a free. Can't wait for him to mature a bit he's really classy.

I've been able to get a lot of guys on loan that would otherwise have been filtered out using the assman filter. When you play LLM style (as I always do), using only your scouts to find players, why should you make things more difficult by using the filter on your already limited scout shortlist?

Archived