Trophy celebrations; a missing part of Football Manager?

Trophy celebrations are a big part of football, they are the reward for all the hard work and effort put in to winning a tournament. Is it time they were shown in Football Manager? At the moment you can win any tournament, whether it is the European Cup or the World Cup, and you'll read a message such as "England have won the World Cup!". The match then ends with no trophy celebrations.

I think it would be better if the match engine showed the players walking up to collect their medals and then celebrating with the trophy. The commentary could talk about the emotion shown by the fans and the players. The trophy celebrations would not have to be long; they'd just add a bit more realism and reward for winning the tournament.

Do you think trophy celebrations should be shown in the game?

I do think the celebration needs a bit of a touch up rather than reading the same messages season after season. I'd like to see interviews in more depth aswell as being able to say a few words thanking fans/boardroom/players ect. (Avram Grant- esque)

I do think it gets a bit stale if you win the same trophy every season and its always 'the board said', 'club hero says' 'fans sing.... name'

Yes I think they should be shown... :cool: winning a trophy/league, congratulating your team and the very next thing you see is <PROCESSING> followed by a news item in your mailbox suspends the disbelief... :(

I'm not asking for a Pixar-quality 10 - 20 minute top notch CG special with every special effect known to man. :o I'd settle for a 2D or 3D 1 - 2 minute engine-rendered movie of your team accepting their medals and your team captain hoisting the cup/league trophy over their head with a bit of music playing... Doesn't have to be the Royal Philharmonic orchestra providing the music either... :o

it's a sim but at least start an animation or skip it part needed I thought Just for winning the league cup and making the double triple is important thing....

I'm usually celebrate with opening winamp and playing we're the champions when I promoted or get any cup but Must be SI must add too at least not have writing you're win etc... cup but somehow exciting attraction for giving that news ...

I think what you say is true and some kind of trophy celebration should happen but how about something at the end of the season like a city celebration or something. I think this happens in every city for every football club so maybe it should be included in FM.

I'll tell you what'd be even better. Does anyone remember the original LMA Manager for PS2? It had fully animated cup draws, with two marras in suits behind a desk and a bag of black balls. Unbelievably epic, actually one of the reasons I fell in love with that game (I was an odd 11 year old I admit.

This...

This would be another nice little addition to the game and long overdue imo

And this...

I'm not quite sure what kind of changes I'd like to see in this area, but yeah it seems lacking at the moment. In other words do whatever but do something. ;)

:thup:

I'd like to see the blobs holding the cup aloft, and perhaps doing that "running towards the supporters and then sliding along the pitch" thing, jumping up and down, lap of honour carrying the cup, etc. Everytime it's held aloft, there would be a cheer.

Considering this would only happen when you've won a league/cup competition, it shouldn't feel too repetitive (unlike Press Conferences, which were novel at first, but happened way too often and became repetitive). You could have an option to enable/disable it in Preferences if it's too much.

I agree that there should be more of an impact when we win a trophy besides a few short messages but like Bumblefoot said an animation would just be weird.

I still remember when i won my first Champions League, i was all excited to see what the media had to say and then .. complete disappointment .. and since its the same crap season after season all the excitement over the game wears off.

I recently won a play off final with Grimsby against Leeds to get into the Championship (it was a thriller, 4-3 last minute winner) and I was ecstatic. I was first pumping and jumping around enough and don't think animations or graphics would have made it that much better to be honest.

I agree with MikeTrus, just more in depth match analysis after victory or defeat would be super.

I wouldn't mind that at all. At the very least I wish for a bit more randomness in the news department. After winning your first title, it becomes quite stale fast! A bit more in the press conference after winning a trophy and the fans talking a little and the board talking it all up a little more than the game has atm.

After a few seasons there's no real excitement after winning trophies. You get the same old responses, as mentioned:

I do think it gets a bit stale if you win the same trophy every season and its always 'the board said', 'club hero says' 'fans sing.... name'

As mentioned before this area needs work so it makes you feel like you actually achieved something in the game.

Would be nice if there was like little medal-ceremonies on the pitch after certain trophies. And a few different celebrations/parades around the pitch, just to give you a bit of time for it to sink in and smile.

I really want to see this.Also please improve the build-up to final matches and final day's of the leagues etc.

Have media features/news items recalling the season,recalling how you reached the final,recalling where you were last season or in the past 5 seasons.That really boosts you up.Right now it's just spacebar,spacebar,spacebar, OH match,champions league final.Won,no reaction from game world.

Bah.

They shoudl do it like Civilization and have certain animations when you win trophies, awards or reach certain milestones. Yesterday I won a title with my club and all i got was an email, pretty poor.

This needs a huge revamp.

Maybe the personality of the squad could have an effect on the reaction of the players, so an ambitious squad could go crazy and sprint to the fans/manager to celebrate winning while a professional squad qould be a bit calmer about things but still celebrate.

Interesting thought.

The real cups will not be able to be included due to licensing issues, but just a tad more fuzz after the game might be nice.

Still, I guess it would be lots of work and I'm not sure if that should be a priority over other issues which could be improved.

Having seen Roy Hodgson linked to a few jobs and Jose Mourinho almost confirmed as Real Madrid coach in the media, I think it would be interesting to see the press speculate in similar fashion when a manager wins a trophy.

i.e. "Having won the Europa League, [Manager Name] must surely be favourite for the vacant job at Chelsea"

After a team wins a trophy, the media blitz always follows in the following days/week. Interviews, pundits and other managers weighing in, news articles, the Board may issue a statement, press conferences (perhaps at trophy presentations). Perhaps this could be included in FM. I know repetitive media press conferences are dull & repetitive, but a trophy win doesn't happen all that often, might be worth the time to speak on your achievement. It could have an effect on your relationship with players, the Board, and the media. I like the idea of "You've won, now you're being linked with jobs A, B, and C"-type speculation, among other things.

Archived