Destroying a club!

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way of inducing some sort of meltdown at a club with the end result of them being relegated. I don't want to cheat, by the way!

I am managing Plymouth Argyle quite far into the future, and am the dominant force in the world. I would really love to see at least one of the top teams get relegated, but is there anything I can do to achieve this? Would buying their players work, or would the money they gained make them better off, etc.?

Thanks

Tbh, I don't think you could heavily influence another teams downfall directly, not without using an editor anyway

You could try to demoralize them with news stories about there manager and players, as well as beating them... but that's about it, and there is a chance that will have the opposite effect and make them determined

**** off with yer smart comment! You have no idea of, what your talking about! So please stop spouting *****! All that is needed are yanks. They're the ones destroying two great english instructions.

"Institutions"? ;)

**** off with yer smart comment! You have no idea of, what your talking about! So please stop spouting *****! All that is needed are yanks. They're the ones destroying two great english institution.

And breath...!

indirectly no

buy thier players, they use the money to strengthen

with an editor, easily

only other way

take charge, turn transfer budget into wage budget

sell current decent players for as little as possible

hire 50 useless (free) plebs on maxterm contracts and pay them as much as possible

laugh as they enter an uncontrolable downward spiral

i used to do this with 2 clubs all the time. sold the best players, promoted reserves and youth players and made sure the keeper would run out of his position to the CF position. dunno if you can make keepers do that too. i would get sacked midway and just recreate the manager and continue on. i did this enough times to make the team go to the lowest league lol

It will, give it time..

I would love that. I really hate Liverpool, always have. I don't even know why. It's never happened in any of my games, so would love to see it there too!

I would love that. I really hate Liverpool, always have. I don't even know why. It's never happened in any of my games, so would love to see it there too!

I think it is a combination of the mangement and players....both beyond arrogant.

They have the worst diver in the premiership in steven gerrard, who also happens to be a repulsive human being !

All this before you even get onto the general area and the least knowledgable fans in the league.

you are not alone in hating them, they are an embarassment to football....fingers crossed they go bust and out of existance some time soon !

They have the worst diver in the premiership in steven gerrard, who also happens to be a repulsive human being !

I so agree with this, they never would have beaten AC Milan in 'that' final without his ability to hit the deck with minimal contact. I think this is why most of his goals are so spectacular; whenever he's within 18 yards of the goal his knees just go all weak.

I think it's a shame for someone with such undoubted phenomenal talent.

I think it is a combination of the mangement and players....both beyond arrogant.

All this before you even get onto the general area and the least knowledgable fans in the league.

you are not alone in hating them, they are an embarassment to football....fingers crossed they go bust and out of existance some time soon !

100% agreed mate, totally explained my hate for them!

One thing that I have seen in the forums in the past is to buy players with £0 up front and say £50 mil after 50 goals. For defenders this isn't going to happen for a long time. This is how some FM players have conquered the world and think that they have done it fairly and have sent their CV to the best clubs in the world.

Doing this with the team you want to 'destroy' may work. They shouldn't get any money until the clause takes effect (which you never let happen, just sell the player before it happens) so they'd lose all their star players and have no money with which to rebuild.

And before Liverpool and Manchester United fans start moaning about real life situations just remember (and I speak this especially to Man U fans) you weren't moaning when you were winning trophies under these Americans that you so hate. I'm not saying that the Man U fans who are now donning the Newton Heath colours are living up to their moniker of being glory supporters but... oh wait they are.

One thing that I have seen in the forums in the past is to buy players with £0 up front and say £50 mil after 50 goals. For defenders this isn't going to happen for a long time. This is how some FM players have conquered the world and think that they have done it fairly and have sent their CV to the best clubs in the world.

Doing this with the team you want to 'destroy' may work. They shouldn't get any money until the clause takes effect (which you never let happen, just sell the player before it happens) so they'd lose all their star players and have no money with which to rebuild.

And before Liverpool and Manchester United fans start moaning about real life situations just remember (and I speak this especially to Man U fans) you weren't moaning when you were winning trophies under these Americans that you so hate. I'm not saying that the Man U fans who are now donning the Newton Heath colours are living up to their moniker of being glory supporters but... oh wait they are.

Epic! :D As a Liverpool supporter - I wouldn't want United to go under as our United so-called fans hope lfc do. This isn't about football - it's more then that (Shankly)! when I said '2 great English institutions' - I was talking about Liverpool and Man United. Some of the comments here - should ashame every football fan!

Epic! :D As a Liverpool supporter - I wouldn't want United to go under as our United so-called fans hope lfc do. This isn't about football - it's more then that (Shankly)! when I said '2 great English institutions' - I was talking about Liverpool and Man United. Some of the comments here - should ashame every football fan!

There's been a couple of threads floating around here the last couple of days, one where Blackburn dropped out of the BSN and another where Man U went all the way down to the BSN and came back to the Prem.

Just let AI do it.

In my Ajax save in 2010/2011 season, PSV had a really really bad start. They have 19 points from 20 games - something you don't expect from PSV in Eredivisie.

After 10 games or so they sacked manager. Things didn't improve much, but at least they got out of relegation zone and won few games. Now they're 13th place in January when transfer window opened.

Personally I think they had pretty OK squad, I mean - I could have been able to challenge for title with this team. But instead AI started to make insane moves on the market. They sold 3 of they first team players (Amrabat for £5m, Skacel, Koevermans almost for nothing) and replaced those with overrated ones - £5m for Jonathas from AZ? Come on!

To be honest their biggest problem (at least on paper) is defence, not midfield or strikers and now they've sold pretty much most of their creative part of the team. So it's pretty fair to say that AI is destroying this team without any additional help.

As i am pretty sure you don't know all scousers, you'd be wise not to generalise and offend.

On the other hand - Gerrard is a shameful diver, and Benitez is an arrogant little sod!

Just hire Benitez :)
indirectly no

buy thier players, they use the money to strengthen

with an editor, easily

only other way

take charge, turn transfer budget into wage budget

sell current decent players for as little as possible

hire 50 useless (free) plebs on maxterm contracts and pay them as much as possible

laugh as they enter an uncontrolable downward spiral

great idea :)

they are too big of a club to go bust, the best thing would be for them to go bust like leeds. i hope gerrad, torres, mascherano leave this summer. kiss goodbye to top 4 for decades.

Tried, failed. They only accept bids like these for fringe players who are past it, or average youth players.

You would also need an outrageously huge transfer budget to complete such deals just for the fringe players alone.

Archived