Board Will Only Allow Me To Offer Player So Much, Solutions?

Looking for a new GK for my QPR side I find that I can get Tono from Racing Santander for free. I do it and he wants 21 a week, I say no problem because i have 4 million in transfer funds left and have freed up 61 thousand in wages a week for next season by getting rid of overpaid sh*tbags that were on the squad when I came in. If this deal goes through I will have a keeper way past Championship quality, but the board will only left me offer him 14 a week and he won't take it. If I put the 4 million into my wage budget will they let me offer more? or does their being ball breakers have to do with the balance and I will just have to wait until the finances are redone praying that no one else scoops him up during that time? Thank you to anyone who knows.

Having a similar problem myself. Man City board will only allow me £250k per week, but Messi wants £295k. Even though I am £800k under my wage budget, the board won't budge.

Also, my diamond shoes are too tight, and I have too many fifties for my wallet!

Man that is fubar to be almost a million under budget and your board won't budge another 45 a week for the best player on the whole game. It's just the computer being inflexible because it's a computer. I fear there's nothing I can do also. Hopefully no one snatches my guy up in the next month.

I have 4 million in transfer but I'm not sure if that will help because the issue isn't having the money it's that the board will only allow me to offer 14 right now for any new signing and to get that I have to promise key player status. In this case that wouldn't be a problem because he would be a key player and because he's free I could use the entire 4 million paying him if I had to. I think the issue is the balance, similar to how they limit your scouting when balance is low. I didn't think of asking them for more wage money though, could be worth a try. I've never got them to say yes to it they have to someday right? I don't know if in the case that they approve it that they'll allow me to offer more to this player anyway (I'm not even sure what it entails really) but it wouldn't hurt to try.

If you adjust the budgets to have a bigger wage budget, you can offer more to individual players.

If you have a £250k p/w wage budget and a £10m transfer budget, you could offer a player "50k p/w"

If you adjusted it to have a £400k p/w wage budget and a £500,000 transfer budget, you could offer that same player £70k p/w

:thup:

I think I'll go after this other player I should be able to get for 2.5 million first, because he's also in the plans. As soon as the offer for him is accepted, I'll put all remaining funds into wages and see if it helps. I don't wanna fully commit the 4 million because I've found they lock a good part of it into the wage section once you stick it there and won't let you readjust it all out. I think it's another end of year low balance thing.

I tried the signing on thing, he wanted 110k and I offered him 300k. I've tried it in the past as well and went pretty high and it never seems to work because it's a computer program and dogmatic not greedy. If I go ludicrous and offer the guy a million dollars will that do it? I would have paid a million for him no sweat and he's a free player so it wouldn't be a problem I guess.

I tried the signing on thing, he wanted 110k and I offered him 300k. I've tried it in the past as well and went pretty high and it never seems to work because it's a computer program and dogmatic not greedy. If I go ludicrous and offer the guy a million dollars will that do it? I would have paid a million for him no sweat and he's a free player so it wouldn't be a problem I guess.

I've used it successfully several times.

I went 700,000 which is as much as I could set it to and he didn't go for it but the reason his agent gave for him declining was he didn't think playing in England was in his best interest. So I think it wasn't going to happen anyway because he changed his mind suddenly. The other signing I was after signed with Lille instead of me but Lille only bid for him the moment I bid for him after having him shortlisted for months. You know how that goes. So now i have the whole 4 million, and I'll just keep chasing GKs until the new budget in a few weeks. Whatever will be will be but it could be useful to know that I can up what I'm allowed to offer with the wage adjustment and snag guys with the signing bonus trick if I go high enough. This wasn't all for naught thank you everyone.

Archived